[Question] Why does gekko synthesize candle from trades by itself.
Instead of using APIs like fetch_ohlcv from exchange interfaces?

Synthesized candle works fine in realtime trader, speed is OK there, but it becomes an issue when backtesting with imported history data. I tried to import half a year's data from bitfinex and it took a whole night to complete. I guess it'll be slower if the rate limit is low for an exchange.

Could anyone explain what advantage it has to use synthesized candle from trades?
Quote:Synthesized candle works fine in realtime trader, speed is OK there, but it becomes an issue when backtesting with imported history data. I tried to import half a year's data from bitfinex and it took a whole night to complete. I guess it'll be slower if the rate limit is low for an exchange.

Yes, the slow part is the API requests to fetch all trades, Gekko can consolidate millions of trades into candles pretty fast.

There are 2 major reasons for this:

- When the importer was written no big exchanges had API endpoints to fetch candles: this was years ago (when binance didn't exist yet for example). I want to rewrite the importer to take advantage of these kind of endpoints, but it's not at the top of my list (very much open for pull requests).
- Gekko candles include more than OHCL: they also include VWP, amount of trades and volume. The last one is also used by some strategies. So if you use an endpoint that doesn't include these metrics some strategies stop working, etc.
OK, I understand. One problem is if the import takes too long looks like Gekko has a difficult time to stitch historical data with live data together if I start a trading bot.

The 2ed reason is very important for a framework. Actually I didn't know it's possible to write strategies with VWP, thank you for the answer!
The approval results in to be outstanding to relish a new e-book such a unusual and in many cases distinctive content along with testimonials on your website pages. N95 mask
Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks VR news
Incredible articles and awesome design. Your blog entry merits the greater part of the positive input it"s been getting. como compartir un video de youtube en Instagram
Prophet Climate Ministries provides free online prophetic words to help you get rid of frustration, demonic attack, oppression, financial crisis, and more. prophetic prayer lines
First You got a great blog .I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics, i will be always checking your blog thanks. car rentals NYC
Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. https://voyance-telephone-gaia.com
Docformative allows doctors, nurses, and other healthcare providers to engage with pharmaceutical companies and stay up to date on the latest product ... drug safety solutions