Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 21,054
» Latest member: qsm007
» Forum threads: 1,541
» Forum posts: 7,752

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 193 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 193 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
Gekko development status ...
Forum: Announcements
Last Post: robinjack
05-12-2024, 03:16 PM
» Replies: 815
» Views: 558,644
Gekko with malware spotte...
Last Post: karenevans
05-11-2024, 09:22 AM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 96,169
New Gekko UI in the works
Last Post: alfiprint
05-10-2024, 01:14 PM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 160,269
An official Gekko service...
Last Post: vaansh
05-09-2024, 10:16 AM
» Replies: 87
» Views: 143,637
Gekko 0.6 released
Last Post: sabinaholt
03-27-2024, 12:10 PM
» Replies: 104
» Views: 220,037
How to Soft Reset or Hard...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: lucifar
10-07-2021, 07:18 PM
» Replies: 22
» Views: 40,290
How to add Binance Future...
Forum: Technical Support
Last Post: Xavier32
10-07-2021, 02:20 PM
» Replies: 47
» Views: 83,527
Bittrex Configuration hel...
Forum: Bittrex
Last Post: yirzolusto
10-07-2021, 07:39 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 15,481
[Question] Why does gekko...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: cryptocurrency0
10-06-2021, 01:16 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 35,398
a couple of technical Que...
Forum: Technical Support
Last Post: mtom78632
10-06-2021, 11:08 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 46,411

Running strategies on the minute
Posted by: rkingy - 02-19-2018, 11:12 AM - Forum: Technical Discussion - Replies (8)

Hi Mike,

I've noticed that when I backtest my strategies, I can get quite radically different results if my starting hour:min is 00:00 vs something random like 05:22 on the exchange data.

It seems things work best if strategies run on the minute not at some random time halfway through a minute etc. I guess this is because everyone is looking at candles that fit the specific time, so thats how the trends work best.

Also I have 15 min strategies, Ideally these should run every 15mins, so 12:15, 12:30, 12:45 etc.. not 12:09, 12:24, 12:39 or whatever time the strategy was started.

I've noticed this seems to also be a issue with live strategies, where the 15min cycle is from the time the script booted up and decided to start running.. but not necessarily actually 15 mins past hour. Which means the candles my bot is using vary compared to what I see in TradingView.com etc.. so also hard to go back and see whats happened. Ideally it should review the candle at 12:15 and 01 seconds.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way to sync the strategy to run at the right time?

I'm currently running from the command line as a service so the strategy can kick off at any time. And it's annoying to have to wait till it's close to on the hour or 15mins past to start it up and hope it's going to be close enough to the time candles are forming.

Cheers,
Richard.

Live bot data history
Posted by: eaaw - 02-18-2018, 11:48 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (2)

Hello Gekko community,

I have a question about live UI trades, can i make it based on data history to import from binance, i readed that its possible onli via CLI ?
Thank you for your precious time.

Best Regards,
Arbi.

why buying high and selling low?
Posted by: sammiches - 02-18-2018, 08:53 PM - Forum: Strategy Development - Replies (5)

Hello all! This is my first thread here.

I've been testing a lot on the bitstamp pair USDEUR, due the the fact that it consistently trades in an ~%8 channel on the 1 minute frames. It seems this pair is very well suited for automated sniping; but the problem I'm having is that gekko almost always buys high and sells low during testing. I've tried using very short DEMA and MACD crosses, but the problem persists.

I've tried a few different strategies against this pair, including some GA via japonicus, but still seem to have this problem. Other strats on other pairs seem to work better. This morning I've been playing with the RSIBULLBEAR dynamic strat and this seems to work well on other assets.

But how to tune for something that runs in a channel like this?

Here's a shot of the chart - again it's not the swings I'm interested in, but the very predictable individual candles.

https://www.coinigy.com/s/i/5a89e6ab73a68

Version that has order size limits
Posted by: RemcoCoin - 02-18-2018, 03:36 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (5)

Hello,

Is there a script or a new version ( i have now gekko 5.13 - develop ) where you can working with limit order size's ?
Gekko is using now all of my btc wallet by every (buy) trade. Gekko is trading evertytime with the max amount.

What i wanna can do is > max btc voor trading ( 0.025 btc ) as example, and not all of the btc value.

Thanks and hope somebody ( askmike ;-)  ) knows this....

Time stamp,
Posted by: dingus - 02-18-2018, 01:42 PM - Forum: Technical Support - Replies (1)

Hi all, 

Does anyone know where gekko is getting its time stamp from? 
All my timestamps are 1 hour off, like it doesn't understand the daylight saving or something..

Thank you all!

F.

Starting Gekko
Posted by: Statesman - 02-18-2018, 08:23 AM - Forum: Technical Support - No Replies

Hello there, new to Gekko. Is there a way to start Gekko from the windows desktop (Not run the cmd prompt?). Also I run the backtest, and the Gekko window seems to be vey active, but I get no results after 3 or so mins, then the "Backtest" button becomes active again, but no results

Many thanks,   Chris

ERROR Rasp-Pi Start CLI-LiveGekko v0.5.13
Posted by: susitronix - 02-18-2018, 02:45 AM - Forum: Technical Support - No Replies

When starting a liveGekko CLI :

--config "comand not found" (or invalid)

I startet dozens of CLI gekkos on win7. Cannot be the config file i guess.
The --ui version works fine!

RaspberryPi 3b
Raspbian Desktop
Gekko v0.5.13

DOES ENYONE TRYED YET ?

Will Somebody check this for me..RSI
Posted by: RemcoCoin - 02-17-2018, 04:40 PM - Forum: Strategy Development - Replies (2)

Hello,

I'm new with gekko. The system is active and working good.
BUT i have the next questions.
1) I didn't see any green and red bullets in the market graph when gekko has made a trade for me.
2) Gekko is buy too high, and sell to low ??
I'm using the RSI of gekko. and 3 minutes candle's time
What is wrong in the numbers ?
{
   "interval": 14,
   "thresholds": {
       "low": 25,
       "high": 75,
       "persistence": 1
   }
}

Attached Files
.png   gekko_trading_buy_sell_numbers.PNG (Size: 14.79 KB / Downloads: 20)

Raspberry Pi Headless
Posted by: gward - 02-17-2018, 03:41 PM - Forum: Technical Support - Replies (1)

Hello,

I'm trying to get Gekko to work headless on a Raspberry Pi.  I'm using this: https://gekko.wizb.it/docs/installation/...erver.html, however it doesn't say where this ui config file is.  I edited the general.toml file in the config folder and it didn't work.  Thanks!

Sharing backtesting data?
Posted by: zappra - 02-17-2018, 02:45 PM - Forum: Strategy Development - Replies (1)

Is it just me or is downloading data for backtesting from exchanges REALLY slow?

I'm trying gdax and poloniex.

Surely it should be possible to share the database files - the db itself doesn't contain any sensitive info, only the candle data, correct?

Ideally I'd like some decent sized (1 year at least) datasets across several different coins to test against. Would anyone be willing to share on github?

Best
z