Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 20,172
» Latest member: Johndunk111
» Forum threads: 1,541
» Forum posts: 7,706

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 295 online users.
» 3 Member(s) | 292 Guest(s)
Johndunk111, legendupdate01, siliguriivfcentre

Latest Threads
New Gekko UI in the works
Forum: Announcements
Last Post: pmkisanstatuscheckaadharcard
2 hours ago
» Replies: 133
» Views: 150,233
Gekko with malware spotte...
Last Post: sabinaholt
Yesterday, 12:18 PM
» Replies: 125
» Views: 86,345
Gekko development status ...
Yesterday, 12:14 PM
» Replies: 793
» Views: 503,326
An official Gekko service...
Yesterday, 12:13 PM
» Replies: 81
» Views: 135,515
Gekko 0.6 released
Yesterday, 12:10 PM
» Replies: 104
» Views: 209,799
How to Soft Reset or Hard...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: lucifar
10-07-2021, 07:18 PM
» Replies: 22
» Views: 38,134
How to add Binance Future...
Forum: Technical Support
Last Post: Xavier32
10-07-2021, 02:20 PM
» Replies: 47
» Views: 79,333
Bittrex Configuration hel...
Forum: Bittrex
Last Post: yirzolusto
10-07-2021, 07:39 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 14,826
[Question] Why does gekko...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: cryptocurrency0
10-06-2021, 01:16 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 33,563
a couple of technical Que...
Forum: Technical Support
Last Post: mtom78632
10-06-2021, 11:08 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 44,668

Gekko backtest results change if you adjust time.
Posted by: mazing7 - 03-28-2018, 10:26 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (1)

This does not seem normal, if I change the data set's time by just 3 hours, the trades being executed 3 weeks later are different than the original backtest. This was a backtest using 3 min candles and my own strategy using a tulip indicator. I've created several strategies with amazing backtest results but when i run the strategy live its hit or miss, usually miss. Is this due to tulip indicators not working properly? 
Also when I removed all indicators and just created a strategy based off statistics/ price movement using no indicators this problem did not reappear.

[Image: iSblgYr.png]

Strategy running with multiple timeframes
Posted by: zappra - 03-28-2018, 09:42 PM - Forum: Strategy Development - Replies (3)

This is something I've been playing with and it came up a couple times on Discord.

I've created an example strategy - timeframes.js - in my gekko fork at https://github.com/zappra/gekko

It shows how to use candleBatcher to run with multiple timeframes in the same strategy.

For example you might want to:

Run a long/short SMA comparison at 4hr timeframe to determine broad market sentiment
Check RSI state at 30 minute interval to determine buy/sell regions
Check for MACD crossovers at 1 or 2 minute interval to find local min/max, for final sell/buy points

Using candleBatcher makes it pretty easy to do this.

Hope its of interest to someone!

Best 
z

binance update -binance.js 549 throw err
Posted by: ankasem - 03-28-2018, 05:13 PM - Forum: Binance - Replies (4)

hi
cd util/genMarketFiles

node update-binance.js
--------------------------------------------------

binance.js 549 throw err

what is this error

how to fix this error
thank you

(I tried it again properly) Huh

Attached Files
.png   binance.png (Size: 80.02 KB / Downloads: 19)

Question How to transfer historical data for trade bot with gekko (ui)
Posted by: ankasem - 03-28-2018, 03:21 AM - Forum: Automated Trading - Replies (2)

hi
I work with gekko (ui)
when I started a tradebot
does not accept the data I imported from the past
trade bot starts downloading data from the moment I start
How to add downloaded currency pair data gekko (ui)

How to transfer historical data for trade bot with[b] gekko (ui)

[/b]

thank you

Entrie, target and stop (AT THE SAME TIME)
Posted by: Presunto - 03-27-2018, 08:55 PM - Forum: Automated Trading - Replies (5)

There is a way to use gekko to put all at the same time and go to bed? 

It can be at binance, bittrex or poloniex.com

[Share][Plugin] Google Sheets Plugin - write all trades to a google sheet
Posted by: Gryphon - 03-27-2018, 03:55 PM - Forum: Technical Discussion - Replies (55)

I've been running CLI bots for a while and got fed up of manually entering all the trade data into a spreadsheet to track it - so I wrote a plugin to do it for me. I know I'm not the only person who was looking for an easier way to track trades... I hope (and suspect) that mikes next big gekko update will remove the need for this, but until then it should do the trick.

It enters data to a google sheet via a POST request to a google form. There is a bit of setup involved, all described in the github readme... Let me know if you have any issues!

You set up one google form and google sheet for all your bots. The google script automatically creates a new sheet for each pair/exchange combination it receives trades from and keeps it updated with each trade. 

The output should looks something like this:
[Image: U2K3QPn.png]
(That strat had a good few days - it also had a large drawdown in the last weeks so it's not as good as it looks there!)

If you want to give it a shot: https://github.com/RJPGriffin/google-forms-gekko-plugin

The config object in your CLI config should look like this (but with your form and question ID's)
[Image: JLXzKRQ.png]

I posted a link to an earlier version in a thread yesterday - It's been updated since then, looks far prettier now!

custom basic strategy
Posted by: chrisz - 03-26-2018, 06:21 PM - Forum: Automated Trading - Replies (1)

i found that gekko trade bot is really useful to everyone but due to i am totally new so need some help and hoping that someone could teach or guide me.
i just need a simple and basic strategy to auto trade every time when fall in range specify, such as:

example:
buy/bid price: <7800
sell/ask price: by percentage

thank you very much and is highly appreciated.

Improve killGekko() behaviour
Posted by: tommiehansen - 03-26-2018, 01:13 PM - Forum: Technical Discussion - Replies (2)

One of the problems i personally got (and maybe other 3rd party tools) is that killGekko() currently requires ID's. One can understand why one would create it like so but it's makes it much harder to e.g. kill all running backtests or all running imports.

This is not a problem for when e.g. running small backtests taking 5-15 seconds, but imagine multithreading runs that on average take 5-30 minutes to complete...

The only way to "fix" wanting to stop e.g. 3x of such runs is to force kill the entire Gekko service which is less then ideal since it isn't certain that the user actually got access to the terminal (could be using Gekko instance as a remote service etc).

Wishlist

1. Add categories to killGekko so that it accepts e.g. 'backtest' or 'import' and not only specific ID's.
2. Any categorical "kill" event simply kills all running X within a category e.g. killGekko({ category: 'backtest' }) would kill all running backtests.
3. Major kill-switch; killGekko({ category: 'all' })

[gekko 0.6] API change for running a backtest
Posted by: askmike - 03-26-2018, 07:14 AM - Forum: Technical Discussion - Replies (20)

I am currently doing a major rewrite of the event system within the codebase. There are a few reasons for doing so: it allows for new features like advanced order types, a faster backtester, better event streamline and a lot more. I currently have an early version of a new backtester, you can find it in the PR for 0.6:

https://github.com/askmike/gekko/pull/1850

Since this commit the API endpoint has changed for doing a backtest. Instead of passing a data object that defines what data you want you now need to add a new plugin to the config called the "backtestResultExporter", in here you can specify what data you want to be returned. See here what the UI is passing. You can also specify indicator results! Native indicator results are available, async ones are coming asap.

On top of that, this is what I am planning to do:

- We can actually optimize a lot of things if we know the backtest doesn't need to return any candles / indicator numbers / trades, not just on at the end before we send out the result over the REST API, but even inside the gekko stream.
- We can drastically increase performance of async indicators by pregenerating all their outputs in batches. This means we don't have to ask TA-lib every candle, but just once every X candles (as much as we can store in memory).

If anyone has more ideas please throw them here since I am changing it right now anyway Smile

2% Sell Price
Posted by: Kris191 - 03-25-2018, 06:35 PM - Forum: Strategy Development - No Replies

Hi all,

Notice - I have no programming skills whats so ever!!!

I wanted to discuss the viability of the below startegy and if this is something that can be created for Gekko.

Could a simple process be built to buy when the price is 2-3% below the 50 day SMA or EMA or DEMA (dealers choice) and auto sell when it gains 3% on the original bought price? It would require a trailing stoploss so to be triggered at 1.5% gain to avoid missing out on a bull run. but then have it automatically sell when the price drops below 2% of the new buy price or the new moving average?

does this make sense and could it work?

thanks