Coming up with a "Strategy"-strategy
Hi all,

I'm wondering: how do you guys define which strategy you are eventually going to use in live trading?

I've been doing a fair bit of backtesting, with both manual parameters setting and bruteforce/gekkoga results. Both on various strategies like MACD, RSI_BULL_BEAR(_ADX), RSI, etc. And of course on various timeframes.

With all these combinations I obviously get very mixed results. One strategy with a certain set of parameters perform better on certain timeframes and other strategies better on other timeframes.

As far as I can see it there are a couple of steps involved in defining what strategy you're going to use:
Determine which asset/currency you're going to trade;
BTC/USDT, ETH/BTC, XRP/ETH, etc.

What timeframe would you like to cover in your upcoming trade-periode;
Are you looking for shortterm (few weeks, a month) or longer term (months, year) trade-period?

What timeframe in the history would resemble your upcoming trade-periode (I guess this requires some feeling for the market);
Do you expect your upcoming trade-periode to be overall bullish or bearish?
Was there a time-span in history with a comparable trend?

What is the actual trade strategy you're going to use?
Do you base that on trying out a couple of strategies? Do you have a go-to strategy?

Finding the right parameters
(brutforce/gekkoga)backtesting?

To papertrade or not to papertrade?
Once you have your tradeperiod, strategy and parameters, do you actually start papertrading or do you start live-trading based on your research so far?

To be honest, I'm quite struggling with these steps. Perhaps my aproach is faulty or my knowledge lacking.

How did you come up with the set-up you're using for live-trading and which strategy are you using?

I would love to read it!
Just my 2 cents...

Quote:As far as I can see it there are a couple of steps involved in defining what strategy you're going to use:
Determine which asset/currency you're going to trade;
BTC/USDT, ETH/BTC, XRP/ETH, etc.

I use EUR/XBT on Kraken

Quote:What timeframe would you like to cover in your upcoming trade-periode;
Are you looking for shortterm (few weeks, a month) or longer term (months, year) trade-period?

My goal is on long-term trading (above 2 years)

Quote:What timeframe in the history would resemble your upcoming trade-periode (I guess this requires some feeling for the market);
Do you expect your upcoming trade-periode to be overall bullish or bearish?
Was there a time-span in history with a comparable trend?

I backtest uptrending (from 8 to 200%) and downtrending (-50% approx) market  (4-6 months up an year), then the whole period from 01-01-2016 to actual time.

Quote:What is the actual trade strategy you're going to use?
Do you base that on trying out a couple of strategies? Do you have a go-to strategy?

The only medium-long term strategies that I find useful in REAL time trading are tma, bullbearrsi and neural (better in bullish market). bbrsi for bearish market works well too.  I actually using 2 separate accounts with 2 real live strategies running.

Quote:Finding the right parameters
(brutforce/gekkoga)backtesting?

Bruteforce backtesting

Quote:To papertrade or not to papertrade?
Once you have your tradeperiod, strategy and parameters, do you actually start papertrading or do you start live-trading based on your research so far?

Generally i start directly live trading. Actually i have a neural net stategy running in papertrading.

Quote:How did you come up with the set-up you're using for live-trading and which strategy are you using?

I said some lines above. Note: with a neural stategy i did double my capital in 6 months.

Hugs!
I visit your blog regularly and recommend it to all of those who wanted to enhance their knowledge with ease. The style of writing is excellent and also the content is top-notch. Thanks for that shrewdness you provide the readers! 먹튀검증사이트
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. buy concentrates online
Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. Nicoquit Caps Valor
nice post, keep up with this interesting work. It really is good to know that this topic is being covered also on this web site so cheers for taking time to discuss this! crack cleanmymac 3
All the best brands at one Place in Pakistan, Super Bazar Online Shopping in Pakistan Best Deals available at discounted rates Cah on delivery Service in Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi, across Pakistan. Please visit our website for best online shopping experience. Thank You.
I was reading your article and wondered if you had considered creating an ebook on this subject. Your writing would sell it fast. You have a lot of writing talent. 먹튀검증커뮤니티
Providing affordable pool and hot tub services in Winnipeg and surrounding areas. We offer the best pool repair and hot tub maintenance services. pool service winnipeg
If your fence is looking less than perfect, it is time for a fence repair in Cape Coral, SW Florida. Gator Fence is the best fence services company in SW Florida and nearby areas and we can give you a fence repair to prove it! A lot of our customers are extremely happy with the final result and I think it is your turn to be one of those customers! vinyl fence cape coral