Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 21,158
» Latest member: Sofia_Castillo
» Forum threads: 1,541
» Forum posts: 7,755

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 236 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 235 Guest(s)
herringburden

Latest Threads
Gekko development status ...
Forum: Announcements
Last Post: furkittens
05-16-2024, 10:12 PM
» Replies: 816
» Views: 564,383
Gekko with malware spotte...
Last Post: Lana15
05-16-2024, 04:20 PM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 97,497
New Gekko UI in the works
Last Post: companionlink
05-15-2024, 01:41 PM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 161,240
An official Gekko service...
Last Post: vaansh
05-09-2024, 10:16 AM
» Replies: 87
» Views: 144,373
Gekko 0.6 released
Last Post: sabinaholt
03-27-2024, 12:10 PM
» Replies: 104
» Views: 220,908
How to Soft Reset or Hard...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: lucifar
10-07-2021, 07:18 PM
» Replies: 22
» Views: 40,587
How to add Binance Future...
Forum: Technical Support
Last Post: Xavier32
10-07-2021, 02:20 PM
» Replies: 47
» Views: 84,230
Bittrex Configuration hel...
Forum: Bittrex
Last Post: yirzolusto
10-07-2021, 07:39 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 15,576
[Question] Why does gekko...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: cryptocurrency0
10-06-2021, 01:16 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 35,702
a couple of technical Que...
Forum: Technical Support
Last Post: mtom78632
10-06-2021, 11:08 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 46,594

Gekko UI message when import fails and Date Range constraints
Posted by: mybigdata - 02-08-2018, 07:50 AM - Forum: Technical Discussion - Replies (3)

I'm adding a new market and its importer poses a new challenge for Gekko UI because it supports max. 30 days of trade history and fails if anything older is requested.
Users can enter anything as their Date From and then they'll wonder why it's not working. Can we fix it?

i.e., I'd like to support custom error messages like "You've entered Date From that's unsupported (too old). Please import max. 30 days of trade history." in Gekko UI and display a modal.

It'd be great to also support an optional parameter in exchange capabilities that will limit Date From in Gekko UI.

As a volunteer, If I contribute a pull request that adds "maxTradeHistory" into exchange capabilities and support for errors to be displayed in Gekko UI, will it get accepted?

BINANCE (((((SERVER DOWN)))))
Posted by: susitronix - 02-08-2018, 02:02 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (7)

BINANCE SERVER DOS NOT WORK NOR UPDATE THE BROWSER:
2018.02.08 2:00am

IT IS NOT GEKKO..! nor windoof 7

dööhhh

WHEN STARTING GEKKO STRATRUNNER, INSTEAD OF NEO ASSET, IT WAS FINDING USDT

// THE GEKKO-CLI DOS REQUEST THE TRADES BUT COME BACK WITH
NO NEW TRADES WICH IS BINANCE UNABLE TO PROVIDE DATA

no worries had portofolio issues before but then the balance was correct after 12 hours

Tryed also with COINIGY. It shows the same Result on Binance

// 4:00 STILL THE SAME
No new trades...

Attached Files
.png   BinanceServer.png (Size: 175.19 KB / Downloads: 8)

Preload History
Posted by: 0mathew0 - 02-07-2018, 10:10 PM - Forum: Technical Discussion - Replies (4)

Hi all,

whats the right process to let gekko livetrader use as much local history (from an import) as possible? I have a strat that uses a very slow sma and it would take days to wait until it fetches enough data to start.

Thanks!

BR,
Mathias

Exclamation Need help I don't know if my bot is working UI
Posted by: leoaimeiii - 02-07-2018, 07:32 PM - Forum: Technical Support - Replies (4)

I use the UI with (default) StochSRI, my bittrex api keys are entered in correctly, all is well. But im not getting any trades in. I moved my money out of BTC till i further investigate.

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full...0564387500
My Log File

Very Wrong date
Posted by: Daniel Moura - 02-07-2018, 01:07 PM - Forum: Technical Discussion - Replies (3)

Hello, 

Anybody can help me, then and interval date very strange, the bottrade bought 2018-02-05 14:05 and Selling 2018-02-07 08:19, but UI show me this:

[Image: errordate.png]

The server DATE is OK, i´m using a VPS Server, CentOS. I´m using UTC in server !

Is BTC markets supported?
Posted by: Storm-E - 02-07-2018, 11:51 AM - Forum: Other exchanges - Replies (2)

Before you say read the site. Smile

It's in the list of supported exchanges but there was a bit of a cryptic comment about some errors with it.
and I'm not sure if it was fixed.

I'm in Australia and have a preference for BTC but don't want to point Gekko and find out too late that doesn't work. Sad

Thanks for the advice!
John

Access PerformanceAnalyzer Statistics in Plugins
Posted by: rkingy - 02-07-2018, 07:13 AM - Forum: Technical Discussion - Replies (4)

I've changed my setup recently from using the UI to running Command Line Gekko as a proper service on my linux box.. which has added benefits of starting and stopping many different strategies, but on the downside I've found the reporting really average.

I've been scrolling through a log file looking for the Buy and Sell to figure out whats going on.
Surely there is a better way? Maybe I've missed something??

Anyway I've enabled the Pushover app plugin which seems to be good but very limited info...

My question is can I access the PerformanceAnalyser plugin and statistics functions from within the Pushover plugin?

Ideally every time I go long I want just a message saying that I've gone long at price X.
And every time I go short it should tell me the sell price, my current trade profit/loss and the total portfolio profit/loss since starting the strategy. 

Keen to get some thoughts on the best approach here before I start coding.. as it seems difficult to easily test this without actually starting the bot and hoping for the best.

Ideas?

Interact with the UI
Posted by: tommiehansen - 02-06-2018, 06:25 PM - Forum: Technical Discussion - Replies (6)

Any way to post things to ui; any way to hook into it and perform stuff?

I'm thinking like this (this will not work, but example...):

var strat = {

end: function()
 {
   alert('Finished in in X time');
 }

}

This could further be expanded and do more useful things such as this:

var strat = {

say: function( text )
  {
    if ('speechSynthesis' in window)
    {
      let utterance = new SpeechSynthesisUtterance(text);
      utterance.lang = 'en-US';
      speechSynthesis.speak(utterance);
    }
  },

end: function()
  {
    this.say('Finished in X time');
  }

} // strat{}

Codepen demo:
https://codepen.io/tommiehansen/pen/NyRgBP

Input something into input and press return.
If your browser has support for speechSynthisis it will say what you wrote.

Gekko with malware spotted in the wild
Posted by: askmike - 02-06-2018, 06:06 AM - Forum: Announcements - Replies (139)

Gekko is a free and open source tool, it doesn't cost any money to download and you don't need to register anywhere.

The only official way of downloading it is via the official Github repo here:

https://github.com/askmike/gekko

Find all information about different official versions and releases here:

https://gekko.wizb.it/docs/installation/...ding-Gekko

If you download Gekko from any other source you might get infected with malware. Today I discovered a youtube video with a download link to a malware loaded version of Gekko, you can find the details here (but be sure to NOT download from any of the links found there).

Be smart and safe everyone! Even if you download from the official repo it is still advised to not run any software on systems that also contain other private information (like crypto wallets) or not to connect it to your exchange account unless you fully understand what you are doing. Gekko is great at simulating trades with fake money, and it runs great in a VM as well.

Increase performance?
Posted by: tommiehansen - 02-05-2018, 06:09 PM - Forum: Technical Discussion - Replies (6)

Any idea where to start to debug performance when backtesting?

e.g. i see that moment.js is used and also seems to be used on every candle which would seem to possibly be one of the culprints?

Article, Moment.js vs Native Performance:
https://medium.com/@jerrylowm/moment-js-...85d6518014