Gekko Forum
Access PerformanceAnalyzer Statistics in Plugins - Printable Version

+- Gekko Forum (https://forum.gekko.wizb.it)
+-- Forum: Gekko (https://forum.gekko.wizb.it/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Discussion (https://forum.gekko.wizb.it/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Access PerformanceAnalyzer Statistics in Plugins (/thread-1441.html)

Access PerformanceAnalyzer Statistics in Plugins - rkingy - 02-07-2018

I've changed my setup recently from using the UI to running Command Line Gekko as a proper service on my linux box.. which has added benefits of starting and stopping many different strategies, but on the downside I've found the reporting really average.

I've been scrolling through a log file looking for the Buy and Sell to figure out whats going on.
Surely there is a better way? Maybe I've missed something??

Anyway I've enabled the Pushover app plugin which seems to be good but very limited info...

My question is can I access the PerformanceAnalyser plugin and statistics functions from within the Pushover plugin?

Ideally every time I go long I want just a message saying that I've gone long at price X.
And every time I go short it should tell me the sell price, my current trade profit/loss and the total portfolio profit/loss since starting the strategy. 

Keen to get some thoughts on the best approach here before I start coding.. as it seems difficult to easily test this without actually starting the bot and hoping for the best.

Ideas?

RE: Access PerformanceAnalyzer Statistics in Plugins - askmike - 02-07-2018

Very good question, the result of the PerformanceAnalyser is actually hidden for other plugins. However I am in the process of changing that: I will use proper events for everything, as well as add a few plugins that log some stuff (like trades, profit reports) to CSV.

There is a PR open where I am working on this, will take a while because it requires a lot of changes. Here is the PR: https://github.com/askmike/gekko/pull/1850

RE: Access PerformanceAnalyzer Statistics in Plugins - rkingy - 02-08-2018

(02-07-2018, 08:16 AM)askmike Wrote: Very good question, the result of the PerformanceAnalyser is actually hidden for other plugins. However I am in the process of changing that: I will use proper events for everything, as well as add a few plugins that log some stuff (like trades, profit reports) to CSV.

There is a PR open where I am working on this, will take a while because it requires a lot of changes. Here is the PR: https://github.com/askmike/gekko/pull/1850

Cool good to hear there's some options coming. So.. maybe the easiest solution for me right now is to code my local branch with the Pushover plugin into the PerformanceAnalyzer/logger.js plugin so instead of logging it sends me a message as well..

Also just wondering how you use Gekko for your live trades since you're the creator and know it well. Do you run it on a virtual server? Do you use the GUI or Command line? How do you keep track of your profits / monitor progress etc?

RE: Access PerformanceAnalyzer Statistics in Plugins - askmike - 02-08-2018

> Do you run it on a virtual server?

Yes most of the time. I used to run it on a rasppi for a long time but I am traveling around to much so can't keep it running 24/7.

> Do you use the GUI or Command line?

Mostly CLI (except for backtesting), don't need to setup webservers and such, simple git pull add a config and run it in screen (or pm2).

> How do you keep track of your profits / monitor progress etc?

This for me is actually a bit complex: I am running a ton of trading systems (some gekkos, some market making and some arbitrage stuff), I have a my own monitoring system for some systems (it's basically an API where all systems push updates to every minute or so) and a promotheus server for other stuff. It kind of grew into this thing, but it works for me. Has a mobile dashboard so I can check everything on the fly.

It's all a bit complex and does more than monitoring, I'm trying to keep some hedges in case everything goes to bad (like it did late december) and they get adjusted automatically. This last thing not on the level I am comfortable with just yet, but it's a work in progress Smile

RE: Access PerformanceAnalyzer Statistics in Plugins - rkingy - 02-08-2018

Nice that sounds like a pretty bad ass setup!

I'm only just getting started! Currently have a Digital Ocean server with GUI installed so I can VNC in from anywhere.. but have since decided to use CLI and have these setup as services so if the server restarts etc.. they will just start running again.

My plan is to have multiple exchanges trading different pairs to de-risk things.. so am thinking I'll need to build a little web dashboard that APIs in and pulls my total balance on to one screen. Sounds similar to what you've done.

One concern I do have however is knowing when a trading bot has stalled... maybe some scheduled task that greps the log files and alerts me if no strat data is pulling in or something...