New UI for the live trader
Information 
When you currently use the UI for a live trader you only see very limited information about the bot. 

As noted by rcoenen:

Quote:[Image: 35250742-14eab76c-ffd0-11e7-80c1-51e039d3cd45.png]

I am working on a new version that shows a lot more information, these are my current sketches:

1. What needs to be shown in this screen

[Image: 35251026-a4395d20-ffd9-11e7-91c8-5e2c2fa8d0bd.jpg]

2. Example sketch of what it might look like

[Image: 35251032-acd1b75c-ffd9-11e7-859d-3ad08877e16c.jpg]

----

Let's use this thread to discuss the new UI.
Hi Mike,

first of all thanks a lot for your work. Your mindmap is great and would be awesome!

I'm still trying hard to figure out wich strat is best or would work best. Most of them have only less profit compared to market. So would also be awesome if u could make a tutorial for better understanding how to build an own strategy.

But I think this project is on the right way. Go for it!
Hi Mike,

I think for buttons, we would need confirmations for if we really want to stop or switch. Have option to disable warning if someone finds it annoying. You can leave that in the codes if you want. Just make sure it is documented that we can disable the warning message.

Maybe add a remove strategy also.
Put Candle information in Market or Runtime I guess. Warmup could probably be placed in Runtime.

I think each section information could be simplified in a single line. Then if someone really wants more information they could click something to expand or bring up a modal view. Maybe some kind of config to pick and choose which to always show full information.

Had some free time to do image edits. See if you like some of my suggestions. Too many options?

Attached Files
.png   gekkoui.png (Size: 82.92 KB / Downloads: 41)
Hi Mike. Wow looks good thank you

We appreciate.

Coinsidence i am into vector graphics design.
Would you want me to design some vector Graphic after your taste? or a little Logo design?

Whatever let me know
Hi Mike,

I'd be keen to see a couple of things. Some of which have already been discussed but am putting them here to up-vote them.

1. Start/Stop control at a tradebot level. It's a bit problematic at the moment when having two strategies running simultaneously on different exchanges and having to kill both of these if I need to stop or update the strategy on one of them. Especially as they have their own warmup times etc.. I'd prefer to just keep them all running.
2. Graphical date picker either JqueryUI or similar. Very slow to pick different dates at the moment.
3. Better graphing, It would be awesome to integrate with TradingView you can use their graph software for free I believe. And allows quick overlay of many different indicators so you can quickly see what might help or what is going wrong.. at the moment I'm cross checking a log file with the trading view site to work out exactly when and why my trades are happening which isn't ideal.

Cheers,
Richard.
Better graphing like Trading View is a Better idea!
Example:im testing rsi strategy and i can plot rsi lines at the graph.. Its a Nice feature...
I will can see what to adjust in my strategy parameters.
thanks for your work, it looks good let me give a suggestion, it would be great if you saved automatically the best configuration of all the backtest while simulating. for example create 3 fields where the best configuration is saved and with a click send it and create the treade bot with a click, or make a list of last simulations by creating a list of simulations until you change the page
Dear Mike,

thanks for sharing your work!
I too played around with an UI idea.
If you don't want to spend time on documentation, you would want the product to be pretty much self-explaining.
I think you could fit everything on one page with hierarchical expanding sub-chapters. No idea if that is technically feasible tough.
Here is my attempt:

1. Start off with what matters most - what is my money doing?
A chart with your balance from all exchanges and assets in FIAT. Various time frames and cross hairs.

2. Dashbord - here is where it all happens
2.1 Your exchanges
2.1.1 Your assets
2.1.1.1 Assets short/long Graph (switch to different strat with buttons below)
2.1.1.1.1 Your strategies
2.1.1.1.2 The strategy
2.1.1.1.1.1 Config / Strat runner
2.1.1.1.1.2 Profit report
2.1.1.1.1.3 misc. yada yada

3. Orders (no shown)
3.1 Pending orders (all)
3.2 Order History (all)

I might forgot some numbers here and there and it might not be thought through completely, but you'll get the picture. You could add some more statistics at some places (e.g. how much the strat has gained over the market).
I also took the liberty to implement a feature request: splitting the balance into different strategies.
Speaking of feature requests... how about a combining strats (e.g StochRSI + MACD)?

Attached Files
.png   UI.png (Size: 176.39 KB / Downloads: 59)
(02-09-2018, 12:21 PM)IPhantom Wrote: Dear Mike,

thanks for sharing your work!
I too played around with an UI idea.
If you don't want to spend time on documentation, you would want the product to be pretty much self-explaining.
I think you could fit everything on one page with hierarchical expanding sub-chapters. No idea if that is technically feasible tough.
Here is my attempt:

1. Start off with what matters most - what is my money doing?
A chart with your balance from all exchanges and assets in FIAT. Various time frames and cross hairs.

2. Dashbord - here is where it all happens
2.1 Your exchanges
2.1.1 Your assets
2.1.1.1 Assets short/long Graph (switch to different strat with buttons below)
2.1.1.1.1 Your strategies
2.1.1.1.2 The strategy
2.1.1.1.1.1 Config / Strat runner
2.1.1.1.1.2 Profit report
2.1.1.1.1.3 misc. yada yada

3. Orders (no shown)
3.1 Pending orders (all)
3.2 Order History (all)

I might forgot some numbers here and there and it might not be thought through completely, but you'll get the picture. You could add some more statistics at some places (e.g. how much the strat has gained over the market).
I also took the liberty to implement a feature request: splitting the balance into different strategies.
Speaking of feature requests... how about a combining strats (e.g StochRSI + MACD)?

Wow that photo is bad ass. That would be one nice dashboard. A pause button along with a stop button would really go a long way right now. Can't wait to see this project bloom down the road.
Is there already code to see (pull request), some idea about an eta for this feature?
Thank you!