Gekko 0.6 released
Gekko v0.6.1 and v0.6.2 made an awsome leap, despite the hard work Mike was still responsive to all our feedbacks...there is nothing to say but a BIG thank you!

I went into production with this version today also, with kraken, binance and hitbtc exchange. For those interested in hitbtc support on v0.6, I will release it soon - just waiting for the next live trade to perform well.

With Gekko in general I came accross one showstopper which can happen in a race condition with the live trader plugin enabled. I used postgres but think it will affect every db. What happened? When running against a new currency/asset pair in trading mode and a blank db, the following error comes up: DB error while reading mostRecentWindow.
This happens inside Reader.prototype.mostRecentWindow function where it tries to query the candle table. This happens when tradingAdvisor.js plugin is calling prepareHistoricalData(). Means, the trading advisor is querying the database before the db plugin was able to create the (blank) table or even db. Even worse, the app is exiting with a die() after this error happens and the db plugin has no chance to create the db/table.

Whenever you start Gekko again you will be unable to proceed with this showstopper. Best is probably a core change to async wait until the db plugin is finished. As quick and dirty workaround I added an async wait before calling the die() method. In this case the db plugin has enough time to finish the db. The next start (and all following) will run as expected without error.

The change in (reader.js) Reader.prototype.mostRecentWindow:

function sleep(ms) {
return new Promise(resolve => setTimeout(resolve, ms));
}

const waitNdie = async function() {
await sleep(1000);
return util.die('DB error while reading mostRecentWindow');
}
waitNdie();

instead of just calling return util.die('DB error while reading mostRecentWindow');
hi,

i've installed the latest release and wanted to make a backtest with the RSI_BULL_BEAR strat.
i'm using the ui on windows 10.

i get the following error message:

at Object.onerror (c:\gekko\node_modules\koa\lib\context.js:105:40)
at <anonymous>
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)

has anyone else had the same problem?
on 0.5.13 everything works fine...
sorry guys...

Code:
npm install tulind

npm install talib

solved the problem...
Angel
(07-11-2018, 09:19 PM)crypt0r Wrote: sorry guys...

Code:
npm install tulind

npm install talib

solved the problem...
Angel

there is an issue with bull bear strats i cant get them to work either
Did you pull latest version? Mike pushed a fix today related to cancelOrder and insufficient fund error...
Hi, 

I downloaded version 0.6.2 and installed in a new folder. All seems to have worked, except that I don't see anything if I run node gekko --ui? Just a blank screen on localhost:3000. What am I doing wrong?
(07-17-2018, 10:57 AM)wewantmoore Wrote: Hi, 

I downloaded version 0.6.2 and installed in a new folder. All seems to have worked, except that I don't see anything if I run node gekko --ui? Just a blank screen on localhost:3000. What am I doing wrong?

try different browsers. I find I need to use chrome.  Blank screen with IE and Edge
I am on chrome. I tried safari but I also get a blank page. UI still works if I run an older version of gekko?
(07-17-2018, 12:18 PM)wewantmoore Wrote: I am on chrome. I tried safari but I also get a blank page. UI still works if I run an older version of gekko?

windows or linux? can you post UIconfig?
Windows. EDIT: Mac...

I haven't changed anything at all to the newest gekko-develop branch. Version 0.6.2. UIconfig is:

// Note: this file gets copied around, make sure you edit
// the UIconfig located at `gekko/web/vue/dist/UIconfig.js`.

// This config is used by both the frontend as well as the web server.
// see https://gekko.wizb.it/docs/installation/...ring-Gekko

const CONFIG = {
headless: false,
api: {
host: '127.0.0.1',
port: 3000,
timeout: 120000 // 2 minutes
},
ui: {
ssl: false,
host: 'localhost',
port: 3000,