UI not completing tasks
HI all, I was just able to get gekko set up on an EC2 AWS instance yesterday and can pull up the web UI, and o can execute tasks and see them start running on the server, but they never seem to complete. I've tried importing data (long and short timeframes) as well as paper trading and market watchers. I can see the GET and POST processes start in the console, and can see active ones in the UI (market watcher/data import), but even after letting it run overnight none of the processes completed.

I feel like at least the import of 1 day of data and the 1min candle market watcher should have been running long enough after going overnight. 

What am I missing?
I was able to get some of the processes running via command-line and that gave me enough data to see that I was running into some server security issues. Now that I got those cleared up, I can run paper traders in the UI.

I'm running several at once and can see the data is being collected, and have some ranging in candle size from 1min to 1 week, but none have executed orders yet. Looking at trading view, at least the 1min should have executed several trades by now. Anyone else run into this?
hi
1min candle is sometimes difficult to trade IF THE PAIR IS VERY VOLATILE:
i check in cli to see if gekko is trying to trade and in binance, if trades become successful

look at the volatillity of your pairs.
imagine if no one is buying/selling at the desired price, gekko cant trade but you can find out if gekko was trying or not.

...little trick is to decrease the amount of trading asset/currency for hopefully get a buyer/seller at the limit order price.
i found one day a volatile pair is tradable but the next day, the 24h market volume of the pair is halve...then its problem.
unforgently gekko tends to put all ammount in one trade.

hope this helps. cheers
(06-16-2018, 07:07 PM)susitronix Wrote: hi
1min candle is sometimes difficult to trade IF THE PAIR IS VERY VOLATILE:
i check in cli to see if gekko is trying to trade and in binance, if trades become successful

look at the volatillity of your pairs.
imagine if no one is buying/selling at the desired price, gekko cant trade but you can find out if gekko was trying or not.

...little trick is to decrease the amount of trading asset/currency for hopefully get a buyer/seller at the limit order price.
i found one day a volatile pair is tradable but the next day, the 24h market volume of the pair is halve...then its problem.
unforgently gekko tends to put all ammount in one trade.

hope this helps. cheers

Thanks for the response!  I probably should have been more clear, I'm just trying to paper trade on some strategies and none of them have executed any trades in two weeks.  I also can't backtest, when I try I just get the indicator that it is processing but nothing ever happens in the GUI.
Here's an example of what appears in the terminal when I try to run a backtest:
Quote:2018-06-22 23:25:20 (INFO):     Setting up:
2018-06-22 23:25:20 (INFO):              Paper Trader
2018-06-22 23:25:20 (INFO):              Paper trader that simulates fake trades.
Kommando98,

I read somewhere on this forum (you probably should do a search on AWS or EC2 or Amazon) that Amazon EC2 practically shutdowns processes like Gekko so it doesn't run properly. I could be wrong about it. What kind of instance do you have up? The free one?

I have no problem with Gekko on Google Cloud. But I'm burning away my $300 free service credit by spinning up a i7 VM with like 30 GB RAM (that was overkill, I dropped it down to 10 GB).
If it isn't crypto, it isn't worth mining, it isn't worth speculating.
https://www.youtube.com/c/crypto49er
crypto49er,

Thanks for the response! Yes, I have the free instance up on AWS, I already used up the free credit on google cloud running some VMs a few months ago, unfortunately. I'll search the forums to see if there are AWS or EC2 specific issues, thanks!
You're welcome.
I was never able to get the AWS instance to work properly, but I picked up a rasperry pi and have a bot up and running in a few hours. Much more user friendly on the Pi3!
Awesome! I might have to pick up a Pi3, or I might just convert my Android TV to a Linux box, since I never use it any way.