[SHARE] GAB - Gekko Automated Backtests
Hi tommie,

As mentioned before i'm not skilled enough for webserver and php coding, is there a way for me to run this locally and minimise setup? I have gekko running on a VPS at the moment without the UI.

I really need to narrow down my strat parameters and currently i'm using tradingview with a coded bull_bear_adx backtester (not coded by me btw)
(04-08-2018, 04:43 PM)Kris191 Wrote: Hi tommie,

As mentioned before i'm not skilled enough for webserver and php coding, is there a way for me to run this locally and minimise setup? I have gekko running on a VPS at the moment without the UI.

I really need to narrow down my strat parameters and currently i'm using tradingview with a coded bull_bear_adx  backtester (not coded by me btw)

Minimize setup? Not really, it requires what it requires.
But if you got Windows 10 or run any Linux dist you could just install apache and php, it isn't really heavy in the sense i think you mean.

For WSL (Windows Linux Subsystem) use this guide and replace anything 7.1 with 7.2:
https://medium.com/@magyarandrasistvan/s...93ff28ae83

..but skip stuff like phpMyAdmin and MariaDB if you do not want to use that.
Also don't use port 80 @ apache, choose some other port so that your stuff resides within e.g. http://localhost:8899/gab/ and not http://localhost:80/gab/ since :80 could be used by something else on your system.

It becomes quite simple to start/end since you just run bash in Windows and do apachectl start anytime you wish to start it.
It's also lightweight.
Thanks Tommie i will give it a go. currently kunbuntu on the VPS so will see how i do. Thank you
(04-08-2018, 12:41 PM)tommiehansen Wrote:
(04-08-2018, 03:15 AM)timvang Wrote: Hi Tommie,

It's a great tool. Thanks for sharing.

I got it successfully installed. However, after I ran a test, I got an exception error shown in the log:

INFO Exhausted all possible combinations -- stopping automatically.
19:00:50

Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: Unknown primative for `'no'` on line 2. in /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php:176
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php(121): Toml\Parser->parseValue(''no'')
#1 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php(78): Toml\Parser->processLine('buyImmediately ...')
#2 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php(24): Toml\Parser->parse()
#3 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.gab.php(178): Toml\Parser::fromString('buyImmediately ...')
#4 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.gab.php(67): GAB\core->parse_toml('buyImmediately ...')
#5 /var/www/html/gab/system/runner.php(39): GAB\core->get_strategies()
#6 {main}
 thrown in /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php on line 176

I am using php 7.2.4 and running the test from UI. Do you know what could be the root cause? Thanks!

Hi,

The root cause may be because of the mixed input that causes the thing to not really know what type of parsing to do.
Basically there are two modes: multi-dimensional array and plain. There should be a line-per-line check for this, but it may not be a 100%
since i haven't had time to really test all variations of everything yet.

Could you try running something that isn't structured in such a way and see if you get the same errors?

Basically something that does not mix [HEADER] with plain type(s) as per your example.

Another thing you can do is run in DEBUG-mode to see if the params changes the way you have set it up to do.
That will also clearly say if it's the POST-function that fucks up or if there is something else.

Thanks Tommie! When I ran in DEBUG mode, I saw the parameters changed according to the configurations. I did not see the error reported in the debug mode, but did not see the test result after the test stopped running.

I got the same error when I ran your RSI BULL/BEAR ADX strategy. I saw the same error even when I did not setup any dynamic parameters for the test

Another question: Does 'Completed" in the log  below show the number of completed test runs with different configurations?

STATUS Running with 1 threads  COMPLETED 0  DURATION 0h 0m 0s

If I don't set any dynamic parameter for my test, would I expect to see 1 test completed?

Thanks!
(04-09-2018, 12:12 AM)timvang Wrote:
(04-08-2018, 12:41 PM)tommiehansen Wrote:
(04-08-2018, 03:15 AM)timvang Wrote: ..

Thanks Tommie! When I ran in DEBUG mode, I saw the parameters changed according to the configurations. I did not see the error reported in the debug mode, but did not see the test result after the test stopped running.

I got the same error when I ran your RSI BULL/BEAR ADX strategy. I saw the same error even when I did not setup any dynamic parameters for the test

Another question: Does 'Completed" in the log  below show the number of completed test runs with different configurations?

STATUS Running with 1 threads  COMPLETED 0  DURATION 0h 0m 0s

If I don't set any dynamic parameter for my test, would I expect to see 1 test completed?

Thanks!

Yes, i've sent you a PM.
-
Yes, Completed = total runs completed.
No, if you don't set any parameters it will count all the way up to 100 since a 'run' is considered a finished POST request and if you have no dynamic parameters you will basically get 1 *REAL* run + 100 "have already ran this, so exiting...". Those 100 are still runs that get executed though so they are still considered 'runs' even though they hold little value. 100 is the current max "have already ran this...." messages before GAB auto-stops everything (this is a security measure to not let GAB run forever if something unexpected happens on the server etc).

This is sort of a non-problem when running for real though.
Right,

Stupid question alert but i'm going to ask anyway...

1- do i pull the Git folder into my Gekko folder?
2 - i can see how i link this to the gekko UI , dose GAB load up when i run gekko UI or is there a command i need to run in the CLI

Thanks
ive managed to get cli running not sure its working properly but he its not error-ing out however the ui link it posts says not found. i think this is due to where the folder is. can someone explain where the gab folder should live?

Thanks
I don't know or understand what you are running. There are no links outputted, you must refer to running something else.
The GAB folder can live anywhere you'd like. A common option is where all your other www-stuff live.
It does not have to be, or should be, under where you store Gekko.
(04-10-2018, 09:49 AM)tommiehansen Wrote: I don't know or understand what you are running. There are no links outputted, you must refer to running something else.
The GAB folder can live anywhere you'd like. A common option is where all your other www-stuff live.
It does not have to be, or should be, under where you store Gekko.

I see, I have CLI running with GAB using just the sample setting for now, it seems to be working. I miss understood and thought i would need to stop it to get an output file but after re-reading the thread i will leave it till it finishes. if i get stuck i will post back in here but for now i think i have it sorted.
So i'm getting action the cli but after the time stamp i get a "not found". [EXEC: duration etc ] message in the terminal, is this working or is the not found going to be an issue for me??

the user.config file is point to gekko ui localhost and gekko is running as i'm getting the gab/system/post.php message in terminal.

Am i missing something?