[SHARE] GAB - Gekko Automated Backtests
thanx for answer, problem was realy with timeouts, 

fastcgi_read_timeout 600;

in nginx solve the problem.
(04-01-2018, 07:28 PM)PapoKarlo Wrote: thanx for answer, problem was realy with timeouts, 

fastcgi_read_timeout 600;

in nginx solve the problem.

PapoKarlo

Can you show your nginx configuration for reference purpose?
(03-27-2018, 07:58 PM)donkykong017 Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 05:01 PM)fablerII Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 08:11 AM)donkykong017 Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 05:19 PM)tommiehansen Wrote: Oh... Why don't you run your backtesting on your work computer?

This would be preferrable since your work computer probably is a desktop and could run 24/7 much, much... better then your laptop.
If you got a little $$$ laying around you could also buy a small box with some older desktop i5/i7 that still would be much faster then your laptop (due to the fact that it's desktop class...). You can basically find this on eBay or anywhere else for under $200.

To simply remote into it (and check stuff from home) use something simple such as TeamViewer that doesn't require you to become an expert on remote access security and stuff like that.

Running stuff 24/7 on a laptop isn't something i would recommend.
I use mine mainly for testing, not really for doing 2h+ runs...

yeah work pc is not an option definitely. and its also a laptop. Dodgy
i bought the laptop just few weeks ago. and it has to be portable and its not dedicated to running backtests primarily but atm its what its good for and i guess it will do.
yeah all the remote stuff i did that and tried it just dont have a good pc to do that and no good possibilty to remote access from work (its all locked down). if backtesting gets more important and is not possible to run on the laptop anymore i will consider buying some work machine for at home.

Quote:1. No, try reloading it for real since it might have dropped links to etc (or your server might differ from mine thus it not finding stylesheets etc).
Edit: Come to think of it i hardcoded the basePath to /gab/ so if you got any other dir it'll break. This stuff happens when one codes at night, will fix @ future.

2. Yes, there is no 'select.php'; it has been renamed to index.php since 'select' will be the default start screen anyway.
 yeah will have a look at whats new when i have the time. (have my laptop with me) Tongue

edit1:
just used the latest version. this it what it looks like. there are also some errors and warnings

Edit2:
sry errors are because of gekko not running. stupid me. the interface is still the same..

I've found the solution for the UI - in system/conf.php you have to change the following:

$conf['urls'] = [
                'system' => $base_url . 'system/',
                'results' => $base_url . 'results/',
                'assets' => $base_url . 'assets/',

to 

$conf['urls'] = [
                'system' => $base_url . '/system/',
                'results' => $base_url . '/results/',
                'assets' => $base_url . '/assets/',

thx for the help. but sadly that did not work for me

Add '/' to the conf.php.

So this:
$base_url = $protocol . $domain . substr(__DIR__, strlen($_SERVER[ 'DOCUMENT_ROOT' ]));

Looks like:
$base_url = $protocol . $domain . '/' . substr(__DIR__, strlen($_SERVER[ 'DOCUMENT_ROOT' ]));
(04-02-2018, 01:09 AM)gekko2yuno Wrote: Add '/' to the conf.php.

So this:
$base_url = $protocol . $domain . substr(__DIR__, strlen($_SERVER[ 'DOCUMENT_ROOT' ]));

Looks like:
$base_url = $protocol . $domain . '/' . substr(__DIR__, strlen($_SERVER[ 'DOCUMENT_ROOT' ]));

A terrible solution since everyone using a port (as you really should @ localhost) would then have double slashes.
Added a check for trailing slash for $domain though so it's added only if needed, it's in the last version @ Github.
Updates

1. Added date range selection for the 'Run strategy part' + light validation etc
2. Added check for trailing slash for $domain @ conf.php for people using odd setups causing bad uri's
3. Made the menu more 'fun'
4. Couple of other fixes, see: https://github.com/tommiehansen/gab/commits/master for commit history

Download/update
git pull https://github.com/tommiehansen/gab.git

For conflicting versions (you've edited the core files or whatever) copy+paste your current GAB-folder, rename it and git pull the latest verison and then add back the results-folder to keep results (if you want).
(04-02-2018, 01:09 AM)gekko2yuno Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 07:58 PM)donkykong017 Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 05:01 PM)fablerII Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 08:11 AM)donkykong017 Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 05:19 PM)tommiehansen Wrote: Oh... Why don't you run your backtesting on your work computer?

This would be preferrable since your work computer probably is a desktop and could run 24/7 much, much... better then your laptop.
If you got a little $$$ laying around you could also buy a small box with some older desktop i5/i7 that still would be much faster then your laptop (due to the fact that it's desktop class...). You can basically find this on eBay or anywhere else for under $200.

To simply remote into it (and check stuff from home) use something simple such as TeamViewer that doesn't require you to become an expert on remote access security and stuff like that.

Running stuff 24/7 on a laptop isn't something i would recommend.
I use mine mainly for testing, not really for doing 2h+ runs...

yeah work pc is not an option definitely. and its also a laptop. Dodgy
i bought the laptop just few weeks ago. and it has to be portable and its not dedicated to running backtests primarily but atm its what its good for and i guess it will do.
yeah all the remote stuff i did that and tried it just dont have a good pc to do that and no good possibilty to remote access from work (its all locked down). if backtesting gets more important and is not possible to run on the laptop anymore i will consider buying some work machine for at home.

Quote:1. No, try reloading it for real since it might have dropped links to etc (or your server might differ from mine thus it not finding stylesheets etc).
Edit: Come to think of it i hardcoded the basePath to /gab/ so if you got any other dir it'll break. This stuff happens when one codes at night, will fix @ future.

2. Yes, there is no 'select.php'; it has been renamed to index.php since 'select' will be the default start screen anyway.
 yeah will have a look at whats new when i have the time. (have my laptop with me) Tongue

edit1:
just used the latest version. this it what it looks like. there are also some errors and warnings

Edit2:
sry errors are because of gekko not running. stupid me. the interface is still the same..

I've found the solution for the UI - in system/conf.php you have to change the following:

$conf['urls'] = [
                'system' => $base_url . 'system/',
                'results' => $base_url . 'results/',
                'assets' => $base_url . 'assets/',

to 

$conf['urls'] = [
                'system' => $base_url . '/system/',
                'results' => $base_url . '/results/',
                'assets' => $base_url . '/assets/',

thx for the help. but sadly that did not work for me

Add '/' to the conf.php.

So this:

Looks like:

thx so much man. this did finally solve the problem.

(04-02-2018, 02:07 AM)tommiehansen Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 01:09 AM)gekko2yuno Wrote: Add '/' to the conf.php.

So this:

Looks like:

A terrible solution since everyone using a port (as you really should @ localhost) would then have double slashes.
Added a check for trailing slash for $domain though so it's added only if needed, it's in the last version @ Github.

even though its a terrible solution. it worked. sry to say, i have not much idea of php. sry for noob behaviour, but i tried everything. deleting redownloading every new new version with new commits. nothing did help. but this solution. i have no idea if it is terrible or not but it worked for me.
Problem is you're changing core logic which will make it harder for you to update GAB.
There will be a new fix for that slash, i saw that the logic was reversed -- fail.

The latest release (that isn't released yet) will actually break your own conf.php since it will use user.config.php instead:
https://github.com/tommiehansen/gab/issues/9
Quote:PapoKarlo

Can you show your nginx configuration for reference purpose?
server {
       listen 80 default_server;
       listen [::]:80 default_server;
       root /var/www/html;
       server_name _;
       location / {
               try_files $uri $uri/ =404;
       }
       location ~ \.php$ {
               include snippets/fastcgi-php.conf;

fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php/php7.2-fpm.sock;
               fastcgi_read_timeout 900;
       }
}
Update

USER CONFIG
User configuration is now outside the primary config (as it should be), closes #9:
https://github.com/tommiehansen/gab/issues/9

This requires you to create a user.config.php.
Just run it and follow the instructions if that's not the case.

MULTI-SERVER MODE (NERD MODE)
Multi-server is now an option, closes #10:
https://github.com/tommiehansen/gab/issues/10

This basically mean that one could setup GAB so that it runs its request against multiple servers.
Good if one want to max out threads. This is a real nerd-feature though that e.g. requires that you
and your servers has its Gekko-files in sync (for obvious reasons).

+ other related stuff.

Update/grab lastest
or git clone ...
Update

You can now force your browser into exceeding 6 or 8 max concurrent connections via a config item (see new user.config.sample.php):
$allow_origin = true;

Defaults to false.
Basically creates subdomains when using AJAX via GAB in order to circumvent max connections.

Requires that:
1. Your server where you're running GAB actually allows wildcard subdomains (this is easy to check, goto e.g. http://gab50.<your-server>:<your-port>)
2. That your server allows PHP to set headers (to enable allow origin *).

Screen, running 16 threads in multi-server mode (4 different servers running Gekko):

[Image: Hx5lLxE.png]

Also the servers are masked in multi-server mode making it easier to share these sort of screens + other misc stuff like seconds/minutes etc.

Update