BacktestTool - batch backtest, import and strategy parameters optimalization
xFFFFF,

Will this work on the Mac? I was able to install it using the "Open Source: Other Unix-like OS" instructions (used sudo instead of su) and was able to install it. But when I tried to run it, I got the following error message twice.

Cannot start another process while you are in the child process at /Library/Perl/5.18/Parallel/ForkManager.pm
If it isn't crypto, it isn't worth mining, it isn't worth speculating.
https://www.youtube.com/c/crypto49er
Remove from @strategies and @exchanges 'ALL' and other strategies and datasets which You havent in backtest-config.pl. Try use small time period perl backtest.pl -f 2017-01-01 -t 2017-01-03

Let me know do it help.
My projects [Strategies] [Datasets]
(05-01-2018, 09:37 PM)xFFFFF Wrote: Remove from @strategies and @exchanges 'ALL' and other strategies and datasets which You havent in backtest-config.pl. Try use small time period perl backtest.pl -f 2017-01-01 -t 2017-01-03

Let me know do it help.

Thanks! That worked. I originally removed a lot of strategies but removing more did the trick.

On a side note, even though things are working now, I'm getting this message "Failed to load indicator STC" even though I don't call it in my config file or anywhere that I can think of.
got it working of sorts but going to migrate this onto a standalone unit as the memory draw kills my gekko bots. Looks good mate awesome work.
At the beginning you can check the ranges of parameters in which the strategy works satisfactorily:
interval: 5,10,20,30,50,100

And then choose the best range and use the method:
20...50:2
xFFFFF,

Thanks again for creating this.

I used the search best parameters feature and found this to be the best parameters for RSI Bull Bear ADX:
[SMA]
long = 250
short = 20

[BULL]
rsi = 24
high = 80
low = 41
mod_high = 7
mod_low = -8

[BEAR]
rsi = 25
high = 56
low = 13
mod_high = 20
mod_low  = -8

[ADX]
adx = 3
high = 90
low = 30

I obviously won't be using these parameters, still testing at this point. But I noticed in your Backtest tool, this still underperforms the market while in Gekko UI, these parameters outperforms the market. I made sure the date range 4/1/2018 - 4/22/2018 matched and the candle and warm up period matched as well. So why am I getting different results?

[Image: Kp3AYoW.png]

[Image: NtHhrjv.png]
Hi ,

Fully working now after some tinkering, one questions does the tool check for previous results if you restart the backtest?
@crypto49er The difference results from other settings for amount currency, asset, slippage and market fee. Currently, to change values for currency and asset, a little trick is needed, here a temporary solution: https://forum.gekko.wizb.it/thread-1670-page-3.html

BTW its "profit minus market" of different word: profit above market change.

Kris191 unfortunately not. I thought about it, but too much work and it would require more dependencies such as a database. You can always stop the gecko processes in the Task Manager, and after some time, get to resume.
@xFFFFF

The link you provided links back to this page of this forum thread. Is it the correct link?

Thanks,

Update: It looks like it matches up now. I think it was the slippage setting. In backtest-config.pl, it was set to 0.5, but in Gekko was at 0.05. Everything is matching up now once I made that change.
hi
thanks for sharing
ubuntu 16.04
gekko 0.5.14
node v9.10.1
sqlite3
------------------------------------------------------------------

Gekko-BacktestTool-v0.6.1-Ubuntu-amd64.zip    (ok)
Install dependies:      (ok)
./backtest
perl backtest.pl -p binance:ALL

(this folder does not exist)                               

Error: Cannot find module '/home/s1/1/gekko9/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/binding/node-v59-linux-x64/node_sqlite3.node'
   at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:543:15)                                 node-v57-linux-x64 
   at Function.Module._load (module.js:470:25)
   at Module.require (module.js:593:17)
   at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
   at Object.<anonymous> (/home/s1/1/gekko9/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/sqlite3.js:4:15)
   at Module._compile (module.js:649:30)
   at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:660:10)
   at Module.load (module.js:561:32)
   at tryModuleLoad (module.js:501:12)
   at Function.Module._load (module.js:493:3)
BTC-XRP Backtest is failed.
module.js:545
   throw err;
2018-05-12 05:41:27 (WARN): TALIB indicators could not be loaded, they will be unavailable.
-------------------------------------------------
node-v57-linux-x64 (this folder exists)
where am I doing wrong