Newbie questions
Hi all, I'm a Gekko newbie and so far I love it!

I have some questions I hope I can get answered.

1. I see that DEMA has been recently changed to a new formula. I don't quite understand what the new DEMA strategy does. Is it possible to still do the old 10/21 candles EMA strategy? If so, how?

2. Is there any way to visualize the indicators on a graph through the UI? Like with the 10/21 EMAs, it would be nice to actually see the EMA lines on a graph to see where it crosses over, and where Gekko gets triggered for a buy/sell.

3. My config that I'm using has a warmup period. But say I want to restart Gekko to change some parameters, is there a way for it to just use the data from previous runs of Gekko without having to do another inactive warmup period? I guess I'm asking if Gekko saves real-time data it's getting from the exchange so it can be used for warmup by the next run of Gekko.

4. Is there any way to change a parameter in the config in real-time while Gekko is running? Like say the candle-size or weight?
(02-22-2018, 02:23 AM)BigJohn Wrote: Hi all, I'm a Gekko newbie and so far I love it!

I have some questions I hope I can get answered.

1. I see that DEMA has been recently changed to a new formula. I don't quite understand what the new DEMA strategy does. Is it possible to still do the old 10/21 candles EMA strategy? If so, how?

2. Is there any way to visualize the indicators on a graph through the UI? Like with the 10/21 EMAs, it would be nice to actually see the EMA lines on a graph to see where it crosses over, and where Gekko gets triggered for a buy/sell.

3. My config that I'm using has a warmup period. But say I want to restart Gekko to change some parameters, is there a way for it to just use the data from previous runs of Gekko without having to do another inactive warmup period? I guess I'm asking if Gekko saves real-time data it's getting from the exchange so it can be used for warmup by the next run of Gekko.

4. Is there any way to change a parameter in the config in real-time while Gekko is running? Like say the candle-size or weight?

hi,

i can at least elaborate on 2.:
there is a git fork that does that. i have not used or tried it, but you can have a look

3+4 would also interest me as i am also a gekko noob
also is it somehow possible to delete the running import info. when i let gekko run for longer time periods, do live trades backtests an imports everything gets clutterd pretty fast in the ui also the strat runners and market watchers. can i somehow cancel them from the ui or even commanline without killing gekko?
(02-22-2018, 06:09 AM)donkykong017 Wrote: i can at least elaborate on 2.:
there is a git fork that does that. i have not used or tried it, but you can have a look

Do you know where is this fork ?
I know that askMike is working on it, but I don't know if there is something already available publicly.

Thanks

ManuManu
(02-22-2018, 12:42 PM)ManuManu Wrote:

I know that askMike is working on it, but I don't know if there is something already available publicly.

Thanks

ManuManu
there it is:
https://github.com/askmike/gekko/tree/fe...indicators

but it seems its way behind develop.
(03-05-2018, 08:42 AM)donkykong017 Wrote:

Thanks

ManuManu
there it is:

Oh cool. So there's a chance this will make it to the standard version at some point in the future?
(03-10-2018, 08:14 PM)BigJohn Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 08:42 AM)donkykong017 Wrote:

Thanks

ManuManu
there it is:

Oh cool. So there's a chance this will make it to the standard version at some point in the future?

i guess and hope so, yes
That fork is outdated, it will definitely be part of a new version of Gekko! This is the first leg of work we need: https://github.com/askmike/gekko/pull/1850