Gekko UI message when import fails and Date Range constraints
I'm adding a new market and its importer poses a new challenge for Gekko UI because it supports max. 30 days of trade history and fails if anything older is requested.
Users can enter anything as their Date From and then they'll wonder why it's not working. Can we fix it?

i.e., I'd like to support custom error messages like "You've entered Date From that's unsupported (too old). Please import max. 30 days of trade history." in Gekko UI and display a modal.

It'd be great to also support an optional parameter in exchange capabilities that will limit Date From in Gekko UI.

As a volunteer, If I contribute a pull request that adds "maxTradeHistory" into exchange capabilities and support for errors to be displayed in Gekko UI, will it get accepted?
Hey!

> As a volunteer, If I contribute a pull request that adds "maxTradeHistory" into exchange capabilities and support for errors to be displayed in Gekko UI, will it get accepted?

Great stuff! Yes, as long as you make sure it also blocks the commandline version from trying to import more data. And please name it something general like "exchangeMaxHistoryAge": age to show it's relative from now (instead of a fixed date) and exchange to show that this is a restriction applying for all markets in this exchange.
(02-08-2018, 12:32 PM)askmike Wrote: Hey!

> As a volunteer, If I contribute a pull request that adds "maxTradeHistory" into exchange capabilities and support for errors to be displayed in Gekko UI, will it get accepted?

Great stuff! Yes, as long as you make sure it also blocks the commandline version from trying to import more data. And please name it something general like "exchangeMaxHistoryAge": age to show it's relative from now (instead of a fixed date) and exchange to show that this is a restriction applying for all markets in this exchange.

Hey Mike, thanks for great suggestions! I've made sure it works both in the GUI and in Gekko CLI. Here is the pull request: https://github.com/askmike/gekko/pull/2018/files It adds exchanges/coingi.js and the new feature exchangeMaxHistoryAge. I think there are more exchanges that only return the last X days. Now Gekko is able to import their data.
Thanks a lot Smile