Is BTC markets supported?
Before you say read the site. Smile

It's in the list of supported exchanges but there was a bit of a cryptic comment about some errors with it.
and I'm not sure if it was fixed.

I'm in Australia and have a preference for BTC but don't want to point Gekko and find out too late that doesn't work. Sad

Thanks for the advice!
John
Hey!

It's a lot of work to maintain proper compatibility with an exchange, and Gekko supports many. Gekko is considered to be quite stable on the biggest exchanges (volume wise), BTC markets is not very high on this list.

Keep in mind the amount of work that goes into keeping good compatibility as well as the facts that integrating an exchange almost always costs money (to do actual orders to verify it all works). Also note that no one is getting paid for anything (gekko is free and open source).

Having said all that, I honestly cannot tell you the current state of BTC markets integration. But in 10 minutes you can figure most of that out yourself (by installing Gekko and running a paper trader that does NOT touch your account or money in any way).

-----

I am working on a platform that will be a premium solution that supplements Gekko (I will host it for you in the cloud so no setup nor installation), all exchanges supported there (I am aiming for all the ones Gekko currently supports) will be maintained by me so should work (and if they don't I will fix them). Read more about the platform here: https://forum.gekko.wizb.it/thread-1435.html
(02-08-2018, 04:03 AM)askmike Wrote: Hey!
< Deleted >
No need to worry I just wanted to check before I got too excited about them or worse think it's working but it fails when I'm not monitoring.
To tell you the truth I was thinking of moving to one fo the bigger ones anyway.

> Having said all that, I honestly cannot tell you the current state of BTC markets integration. But in 10 minutes you can figure most of that out yourself (by installing Gekko and running a paper trader that does NOT touch your account or money in any way).
I did try a "paper trader" last night on BTCmarkets using the UI but it appeared to be doing a real trade so I got "worried" and shut gekko down.
Is there anyway to tell if it's a real or paper trade on the UI?

-----

I am working on a platform that will be a premium solution that supplements Gekko (I will host it for you in the cloud so no setup nor installation), all exchanges supported there (I am aiming for all the ones Gekko currently supports) will be maintained by me so should work (and if they don't I will fix them). Read more about the platform here: https://forum.gekko.wizb.it/thread-1435.html