[SHARE] Simple RSI BULL/BEAR strategy
I'm okay with 5 minute candles right now. Although I might reconsider if my bot continues to make bad trades. It made one the other day that was a -7% trade. So far, that was the only bad one. Time will tell. The downside of large candles like 15 minutes is you potentially miss out on trades because of how volatile crypto is.

Hypothetical Example: At 9 AM, the coin was at 8000, At 9:05, it was at 9100. By 9:15, it was at 8500. If the conditions became valid at 9:01, the 5 minute candle setup would have missed out 4 minutes of price action but the 15 minute candle setup would have missed out on 14 minutes of price action. Although the size of the candle also affects the parameters you select as a RSI of 70 for the 5 minute candle is probably 45 or 50 for the 15 minute candle.
If it isn't crypto, it isn't worth mining, it isn't worth speculating.
https://www.youtube.com/c/crypto49er
(05-13-2018, 03:22 AM)crypto49er Wrote: I'm okay with 5 minute candles right now. Although I might reconsider if my bot continues to make bad trades. It made one the other day that was a -7% trade. So far, that was the only bad one. Time will tell. The downside of large candles like 15 minutes is you potentially miss out on trades because of how volatile crypto is.

Hypothetical Example: At 9 AM, the coin was at 8000, At 9:05, it was at 9100. By 9:15, it was at 8500. If the conditions became valid at 9:01, the 5 minute candle setup would have missed out 4 minutes of price action but the 15 minute candle setup would have missed out on 14 minutes of price action. Although the size of the candle also affects the parameters you select as a RSI of 70 for the 5 minute candle is probably 45 or 50 for the 15 minute candle.

what does the Mod_high and mod_low mean?
(05-13-2018, 04:48 AM)whoodat Wrote: what does the Mod_high and mod_low mean?

If you use the RSI_BULL_BEAR_ADX and the ADX indicator is below ADX.low, mod_low is added to your BULL.low and BEAR.low tresholds, when ADX is above ADX.high mod_high is added to BULL.high and BEAR.high tresholds.

When you use CLI put config.debug = true and config.silent = false in your config, then GEKKO tells you if he is able to stich your local database to recent market data, so that it can start without warmup time.
(05-13-2018, 05:55 PM)Cryptos Wrote:

If you use the RSI_BULL_BEAR_ADX and the ADX indicator is below ADX.low, mod_low is added to your BULL.low and BEAR.low tresholds, when ADX is above ADX.high mod_high is added to BULL.high and BEAR.high tresholds.

When you use CLI put config.debug = true and config.silent = false in your config, then GEKKO tells you if he is able to stich your local database to recent market data, so that it can start without warmup time.

I started running gekko live in the UI and now am going to try to work on using the CLI, the CLI seems to have more features. Also, does the Bull/Bear ADX use maker or taker when putting the orders in?
(05-13-2018, 06:51 PM)whoodat Wrote:
(05-13-2018, 05:55 PM)Cryptos Wrote:

I started running gekko live in the UI and now am going to try to work on using the CLI, the CLI seems to have more features. Also, does the Bull/Bear ADX use maker or taker when putting the orders in?

It depends on the exchange. On GDAX, it's a maker.
If it isn't crypto, it isn't worth mining, it isn't worth speculating.
https://www.youtube.com/c/crypto49er
I am trying to run this in CLI and I am receiving this error: this.addIndicator('maSlow', 'SMA', this.settings.SMA.long );

** I see on this forum a few pages back someone said you have to take the TOML file and convert it to JSON. I did this and yet I am still receiving the same error. Any help is greatly appreciated. **

thanks.
(05-14-2018, 03:59 AM)whoodat Wrote: I am trying to run this in CLI and I am receiving this error: this.addIndicator('maSlow', 'SMA', this.settings.SMA.long );

** I see on this forum a few pages back someone said you have to take the TOML file and convert it to JSON. I did this and yet I am still receiving the same error. Any help is greatly appreciated. **

thanks.

So, you don't need to just convert the TOML file to JSON, you actually have to put the json data into the config file itself, like https://github.com/askmike/gekko/blob/de...-config.js in the "configuring trading advice" section.
(05-15-2018, 06:10 PM)Henry151 Wrote:
(05-14-2018, 03:59 AM)whoodat Wrote: I am trying to run this in CLI and I am receiving this error: this.addIndicator('maSlow', 'SMA', this.settings.SMA.long );

thanks.

So, you don't need to just convert the TOML file to JSON, you actually have to put the json data into the config file itself, like https://github.com/askmike/gekko/blob/de...-config.js in the "configuring trading advice" section.

Thank you will try this tonight!
(05-05-2018, 02:15 AM)crypto49er Wrote: All,

I just made a video explaining how the ADX version of this strategy works. I try to explain both in code and visually using Trading View. Hope this helps.

https://steemit.com/gekko/@crypto49er/t0olnilf

Thanks for making the video.  That helped me understand the strategy visually, and understand the code a little better.  I have been trying to figure out what code tells the Gekko to sell and you pointed it out.  I'm trying to get the RSI BULL_BEAR_ADX strategy going myself but getting some errors right now.  Thanks again for the video.
I have tried the RSI Bull_Bear strategy and it works fine on Gekko, but when I try to run the live RSI_BULL_BEAR_ADX strategy I am getting an error. I have loaded the ADX.js file in gekko > strategies > indicators. And I have loaded the .toml file as well. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Gekko 8024894049221367 started
--> POST /api/startGekko 200 12ms 534b
RECEIVED ERROR IN GEKKO 8024894049221367

Gekko encountered an error and can't continue

Gekko encountered an error and can't continue

Error:

I do not know the indicator ADX

Meta debug info:

Gekko version: v0.5.14
Nodejs version: v8.10.0