Gekko on Headless Server
(05-20-2018, 07:57 PM)whoodat Wrote:
(05-20-2018, 12:36 PM)askmike Wrote:
Quote:UFW

Quote:in a trusted environment

Ah yes, if the environment is trusted the documentation is assuming you do not have firewalls inside that environment. I am not sure how much we can do there since it's definitely a networking issue that would have plagued any other application just the same.

Glad to hear you figured it out! And yes you are right: Running the Gekko UI headless requires a lot of technical skills. I am working on a completely hosted service called Gekko Plus that does not require any setup or installation. I will host everything in the cloud.

I signed up to know when that goes live, but honestly I am enjoying learning everything, I am getting closer to finally being able to use gekko cli properly.

I've only recently worked out that I can leave the UIconfig.js settings as default providing I have configured ubuntu to allow ssh.
Then in putty I configure the tunneling so that I can access it from my workstation via localhost:<port> providing I am running ssh (which I would mostly be doing anyway). Saves a lot of hassles with nginx, firewalls and certificates..

oh yeah, run multiple instances, just copy the folder structure and modify UIconfig for the new port but you do need to have a new browser instance for each gekko instance.

Attached Files
.png   ssh_tunnel.png (Size: 35.79 KB / Downloads: 11)

Messages In This Thread
Gekko on Headless Server - by whoodat - 05-20-2018, 03:59 AM
RE: Gekko on Headless Server - by askmike - 05-20-2018, 10:48 AM
RE: Gekko on Headless Server - by whoodat - 05-20-2018, 12:17 PM
RE: Gekko on Headless Server - by askmike - 05-20-2018, 12:36 PM
RE: Gekko on Headless Server - by whoodat - 05-20-2018, 07:57 PM
RE: Gekko on Headless Server - by martyc - 07-17-2018, 06:20 AM