Gekko on Headless Server
I've got most things open yet I still can't get the UI to open on a headless server in a trusted environment. I've tried putting in the IP of the server in both sections that says "host" still no luck...can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please.  Thanks in advance.

const CONFIG = {
    headless: true,
    api: {
        host: '0.0.0.0',
        port: 3000,
    },
    ui: {
        ssl: false,
        host: '0.0.0.0', // Set this to the IP of the machine that will run Gekko
        port: 3000,
        path: '/'
    },
    adapter: 'sqlite'

}
if(typeof window === 'undefined')
  module.exports = CONFIG;
else
  window.CONFIG = CONFIG;
Only set the host in UI, after starting gekko and trying to connect from another machine. What error are you getting?
(05-20-2018, 10:48 AM)askmike Wrote: Only set the host in UI, after starting gekko and trying to connect from another machine. What error are you getting?

I FINALLY fixed it last night. I am new to all of this and it took me a long time :-(. I had to add a UFW rule to allow the port I choose for GEKKO the same way I had to allow a port for SSH....I guess most ppl who are savvy in this already know to do that but for beginners like me it took a long time to figure out.
Quote:UFW

Quote:in a trusted environment

Ah yes, if the environment is trusted the documentation is assuming you do not have firewalls inside that environment. I am not sure how much we can do there since it's definitely a networking issue that would have plagued any other application just the same.

Glad to hear you figured it out! And yes you are right: Running the Gekko UI headless requires a lot of technical skills. I am working on a completely hosted service called Gekko Plus that does not require any setup or installation. I will host everything in the cloud.
(05-20-2018, 12:36 PM)askmike Wrote:

Ah yes, if the environment is trusted the documentation is assuming you do not have firewalls inside that environment. I am not sure how much we can do there since it's definitely a networking issue that would have plagued any other application just the same.

Glad to hear you figured it out! And yes you are right: Running the Gekko UI headless requires a lot of technical skills. I am working on a completely hosted service called Gekko Plus that does not require any setup or installation. I will host everything in the cloud.

I signed up to know when that goes live, but honestly I am enjoying learning everything, I am getting closer to finally being able to use gekko cli properly.
(05-20-2018, 07:57 PM)whoodat Wrote:
(05-20-2018, 12:36 PM)askmike Wrote:

I signed up to know when that goes live, but honestly I am enjoying learning everything, I am getting closer to finally being able to use gekko cli properly.

I've only recently worked out that I can leave the UIconfig.js settings as default providing I have configured ubuntu to allow ssh.
Then in putty I configure the tunneling so that I can access it from my workstation via localhost:<port> providing I am running ssh (which I would mostly be doing anyway). Saves a lot of hassles with nginx, firewalls and certificates..

oh yeah, run multiple instances, just copy the folder structure and modify UIconfig for the new port but you do need to have a new browser instance for each gekko instance.

Attached Files
.png   ssh_tunnel.png (Size: 35.79 KB / Downloads: 11)