Reuse proceeds only
Hi,

I'm a bit confused with regards to trading multiple pairs on one exchange, perhaps someone is willing to explain to me how this works (or doesn't).

E.g. I would like to trade two pairs: GNT/ETH and NEO/ETH.

Let's say at a certain point both GNT and NEO sold:
- GNT sold with 1,0ETH proceeds
- NEO sold with 2,3ETH proceeds

Is it possible for Gekko to reuse only the 1,0ETH for the next GNT buy and the 2,3 NEO buy?

Sometimes I read that it ís possible to trade multiple pairs (like GNT/ETH and NEO/ETH) and sometimes I read that this will result in problems with the profit report and you should only trade different pairs like GNT/ETH and NEO/BTC.

I have quite a few different currencies in my portfolio and only BTC, USDT, BNB and ETH to trade against, which would leave me with only 4 pairs to trade. If reusing is not possible, what would be the best way to go?

Thanks for helping out!
So Gekko bases a lot of assumptions on how much you have of the 2 currencies you are trading (say GNT and ETH). Once either of these change Gekko get's confused (it won't crash, but profit reporting in unreliable & it won't always buy/sell when it's supposed to).

Quote: I read that this will result in problems with the profit report and you should only trade different pairs like GNT/ETH and NEO/BTC.

This is true.

Quote: Sometimes I read that it ís possible to trade multiple pairs (like GNT/ETH and NEO/ETH)

This is false, where did you read it?
(08-15-2018, 01:04 PM)askmike Wrote: So Gekko bases a lot of assumptions on how much you have of the 2 currencies you are trading (say GNT and ETH). Once either of these change Gekko get's confused (it won't crash, but profit reporting in unreliable & it won't always buy/sell when it's supposed to).

Quote: I read that this will result in problems with the profit report and you should only trade different pairs like GNT/ETH and NEO/BTC.

This is true.

Quote: Sometimes I read that it ís possible to trade multiple pairs (like GNT/ETH and NEO/ETH)

This is false, where did you read it?

If you have running multiple gekko's and changing the port. Is it then possible ? 
Quote:If you have running multiple gekko's and changing the port. Is it then possible ?

It's definitely not recommended. The reason is that Gekko only buys whenever your exposure is low (meaning you have < 5% of asset compared to currency) and sells when it's high. Regardless of what your strategy says. I'll be working on a better system where you can set limits per gekko.
Ok, thanks for the replies!

I can't seem to find the article(s) mentioning that you would be able to trade using same assets (e.g. BTC, ETH, USDT and BNB), but if I come across them again, I'll post the link(s).

Can you give any advice on how you would go about when you have a quite diverse portfolio? As I now see it, an option would be to transfer currencies to trade on various exchanges.

Cheers
Note that I do want to work on new features so you can allocate a portion of your balance towards a gekko, but this is very tricky to implement properly.

Quote:Can you give any advice on how you would go about when you have a quite diverse portfolio? As I now see it, an option would be to transfer currencies to trade on various exchanges.

Either that or various accounts. Or my recommended approach: don't keep funds on an exchange you don't intend to trade Wink