Differents between this,advice() and this.advide('short')
Hi,

I want to implement my first strategy in Gekko, I was reading the documentation and looking into the code of other strategies to learn of it, buy I have a doubt.

I want to create a strategy to buy a position at a value of RSI, in this moment, I will trigger will this.advice('long'), and I want to sell this position in a determinate price, so when the prices is above this level, How can I sell this position? this.advice() or this,advice('short')

What is this.advice() used for?

Thanks for your help!
Quote:What is this.advice() used for?

This is how your strategy tells Gekko what to do:

- If you fire a `this.advice('long')` Gekko will buy.
- if you fire a `this.advice('short')` Gekko will sell.

Quote:I want to create a strategy to buy a position at a value of RSI, in this moment, I will trigger will this.advice('long')

Yep!

Quote:and I want to sell this position in a determinate price, so when the prices is above this level, How can I sell this position? this.advice() or this,advice('short')

The latter!
Thanks, but, then Why some strategys are using only this.advice() (without parameters) What is the purpose? For example in RSIStoploss strategy there are some

else{
this.advice();

Do you know the porpouse?

Thanks
That's very old code, years ago there used to be something called "soft advice", it has been deprecated for a long time and Gekko will ignore those.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I will clean that up soon.