Amazon Web Server and Gekko Trading Bot Install
I have uploaded a new video explaining how to set up an Amazon Web Server and Install Gekko Trading Bot.

It is my first attempt at a long tutorial video and it took way longer than I thought. Hopefully someone can benefit from it.

Thanks !

TC Mabe

Can you give us the file with the commands.

I think it´s not complet!?

Thanks for your support.

br
Grago
These commands are all found in the video on the youtube site. You have to expand the section below the title to see them.
Their use is explained in the video around the 7 - 8 minute mark.
They have changed since the video to a much more condensed version as explained in the video as well ... Hopefully this helps !

Thanks !

TC Mabe

Create Script called install_gekko.sh
Paste these instructions into the file

start copy here:
#!/bin/bash
sudo apt-get update
curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_8.x | sudo -E bash -
sudo apt-get install -y nodejs
sudo apt-get install -y build-essential
sudo apt-get install git
git clone git://github.com/askmike/gekko.git
cd gekko
npm install --only=production
npm install talib
npm install tulind
cd util/genMarketFiles
node update-binance.js
cd ~
cd gekko
cd exchange
npm install --only=production
cd ~
sudo apt-get install nginx
cd gekko
node gekko --ui
End Copy Here:

Manual Process Here:
#// verify Running Instance
#//////////////////////////
#//Manually configure ip numbers for server
#//cd to gekko
nano web/vue/dist/UIconfig.js

// modify UIconfig.js as follows
const CONFIG = {
headless: true,
api: {
host: '0.0.0.0',
port: 3000,
timeout: 120000 // 2 minutes
},
ui: {
ssl: false,
host: 'your ip number here',
port: 3000,
path: '/' },
adapter: 'sqlite'}
Great video! Thanks Big Grin 

I had some  gyp compiling errors when installing via the install_gekko.sh file. Specifically when installing the talib & tulip indicator:

Code:
npm install talib
npm install tulind

If anyone has a similar issue I Found in the logs:

ImportError: No module named compiler.ast

and fixed this by installing python-dev

Code:
apt-get install python-dev

I'm not sure if amazon servers come with python-dev on them but vultr ones do not.

Anyway all is set up and working now!! Big Grin Big Grin  It would be great to get a video or some help with the Reverse DNS. I'm struggling to get that working. Did anyone get that set up?
Great video,

I followed your instructions except modifying the file at "/etc/nginx/sites-enabled/default"..

I am able to see "Serving Gekko UI on http://50.15.225.155:3000/" on the console.. But, when i go that link browser shows that :

This site can’t be reached
50.15.225.155 refused to connect.
Search Google for 223 150 3000
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

However, 50.15.225.155 shows "Welcome to nginx!" message..

So, I believe I should modify the file at "/etc/nginx/sites-enabled/default" .. Can you please guide me how ? Or this error does not related with modifying that file ?
(09-24-2018, 10:17 AM)CryptoCoeus Wrote: Great video,

I followed your instructions except modifying the file at "/etc/nginx/sites-enabled/default"..

I am able to see "Serving Gekko UI on http://50.15.225.155:3000/" on the console.. But, when i go that link browser shows that :

This site can’t be reached
50.15.225.155 refused to connect.
Search Google for 223 150 3000
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

However, 50.15.225.155 shows "Welcome to nginx!" message..

So, I believe I should modify the file at "/etc/nginx/sites-enabled/default" .. Can you please guide me how ? Or this error does not related with modifying that file ?

I am glad you found the tutorial helpful.

I would recommend following the instructions here : https://gekko.wizb.it/docs/installation/...erse-proxy

You should be able to refer to the video and the documentation to sort it out ... I can log in to my server later and see what my settings were, but from memory I believe I replaced my default info with what was in the documentation. Hope this helps !

Cheers !

TC Mabe
TC Mabe, this is great for a first try!  Thanks very much!  I think I got through some of the setup using the 'install_gekko.sh', but am not sure what to do at this point (see attachment).  Any ideas of what I may have missed or need to do?  Thanks again!

Attached Files
.png   ubuntu1.PNG (Size: 61.2 KB / Downloads: 13)
(10-20-2018, 10:36 PM)schmidtdad Wrote: TC Mabe, this is great for a first try!  Thanks very much!  I think I got through most of the installation using the 'install_gekko.sh', but am not sure what to do at this point (see attachment).  Any ideas of what I may have missed or need to do?  Thanks again!

I will have to go back through my notes ... I am not near my computer at the moment though. At first glance it looks like you may not have the permissions to create some of the folders or maybe one of the starting paths was incorrect. I will do some research tomorrow and let you know what I can ...
Looking through my notes and going back through the video it appears as though I started with a clean setup ... I didn't have any other folders other than the defaults.

If you are using a clean install from the Amazon Web Server and still experiencing errors let me know ... maybe I can dig deeper and help you if no one else can answer it.
It was a completely clean start last week.  I created a new AWS account and followed the video instructions.  I've tried starting clean, installing again and again, but with the same end response:

ubuntu@ip-172-31-28-62:~$ node gekko --ui
module.js:550
    throw err;
    ^

Error: Cannot find module '/home/ubuntu/gekko'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:548:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:475:25)
    at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:694:10)
    at startup (bootstrap_node.js:204:16)
    at bootstrap_node.js:625:3

From what I can tell, it may not be creating a gekko directory?  To my knowledge, here's all that ends up in home/ubuntu:

ubuntu@ip-172-31-28-62:~$ dir
install_gekko.sh  node_modules  package-lock.json

Any help or new direction you can give (i.e. should I start a new post?) is much appreciated.  Thank you!