Execution of signals developed in third party products
Hello people

I use Amibroker to develop systems that are then validated trough a walk forward analysis.
So they're live, constantly adapting to the latest market conditions.

I'm just looking to execute the signals in a crypto exchange 24/7.
The signals could be adapted to the software.

Could Gekko be useful for that? 
And if so, how should I send the alerts?
i would imagine that expanding the telegram plugin may allow for this but jot my area of skill.
You can Gekko to execute these live signals, note that this way you can't use the backtester (unless you also have a history of these signals).

Note that there is no integration so you will have to get your hands dirty in creating one (can be 5 lines of code, but that depends on the signal sour

By far the easiest is to write a strategy that ignores candle data from Gekko and simply listens to your live source for signals and triggers advice based on them. If your other signals have a REST API you can for example do something like this:

Code:
var log = require('../core/log');
var request = require('request');

var strat = {};
strat.init = function() {
 this.currentTrend = false;
}
strat.update = function(candle) {}
strat.log = function() {}

strat.check = function() {

request('https://url-to-your-signal.com', (err, resp) = {

if(this.currentTrend === 'long' && resp === 'short') {

// If it was long, set it to short
     this.currentTrend = 'short';
     this.advice('short');

} else if(this.currentTrend === 'short' && resp === 'long') {

// If it was short, set it to long
     this.currentTrend = 'long';
     this.advice('long');

}

});
}

module.exports = strat;

That's just an example, any other way of getting the data inside the strategy works as well. (I am not familiar with Amibroker).
Thank you very much both.

I'm sure that there is a lot of people in my same situation with different software.
We can make the signals but need a specific exchange integration to execute the trades.

I'll run some tests with Gekko then. Thanks Mike for the code, I appreciate it.
I am actually working on some massive upgrades regarding making Gekko more modular. For example I am pulling out all order execution code into a new library called Gekko Broker. It will have advanced orders (in the future) and for now a simple and unified interface to execute trades. See here: https://github.com/askmike/gekko/blob/ge...duction.md

I am actively developing this, the supported exchanges (gdax, poloniex, bitfinex, binance & coinfalcon) are already a lot more stable than in current stable Gekko.

Note that that library is meant for developers: it's just the order execution logic which you need to hook up to your own reporting software / UI / datastore / etc.
(05-20-2018, 08:59 PM)Johnny Wrote: I'm sure that there is a lot of people in my same situation with different software.

I found a bunch: https://github.com/askmike/gekko/issues/2161

I pointed them to this thread Smile