how to see this
love the gekko: thank you, joined forum.
                                                                                                                                                                                             +++
here we go. when i backtest these parameters, the profit is anywhere between 15 and 70%

-  3 month data set from e.g. binance
- candles set to 5 or 10 minutes
- a history between 2 weeks or 1 month for warm up
- default rsi strategy applied to usd/btc

now what i'm not getting is the part that makes this too good to be true. which variable in this equation would make it hard or impossible to apply these parameters to the trading bot and gain such profits.. is it the 1 month warm up that isn't a realistic thing to do ?

forgive me for the newbie level of questioning. also, please understand i have to be kind of abstract as long as i don't fully comprehend the boundaries of applying such a strategy in reality. i'm trying to to comprehend the boundaries on a conceptual level and that way perhaps (hopefully) slowly advance my knowledge (.. mumbles)

-
best2all, futurenext
_i make a living building web apps for sme's_
_6y php/js, 16y linwin srv engineer.  sega world, champion.
Sounds like you're more advanced in your investigations than I am, but I did read somewhere that backtesting isn't as accurate as running a paper trade things....