Gekko-GeneticAlgorithm
(01-27-2018, 02:58 AM)susitronix Wrote: I shortly tested your MACD Strat setting.
dosent make positive trades. Itested only 1month

The settings looks pretty scrambled.

Scrambled is the word - that's what I'd meant by results I wouldn't have tried myself. The issue applying machine learning to a data set is it gives a result that's highly specific to that data set. I was using USD:BTC from Bitfinex. I ran the same settings on USDT:BTC from Binance over the same time frame and it didn't make a single trade.

I thought running GA on data from a bear market, and setting it's target to score (Based on profit and sharpe ratio) instead of profit might give a result making better trades... tried it on some LTC history that was half bear, half bull and it started getting good results. I looked into it and found that it had set the required history to a large number that essentially stopped trades in the bear half of the data, then it traded in the bull half and made a profit.

Again, it managed the objective in a way very specific to the training data. I've no doubt it has potential to find really effective settings, but we need to learn what to train it on first.

Messages In This Thread
Gekko-GeneticAlgorithm - by susitronix - 01-25-2018, 11:52 PM
RE: Gekko-GeneticAlgorithm - by Gryphon - 01-26-2018, 02:51 PM
RE: Gekko-GeneticAlgorithm - by susitronix - 01-26-2018, 03:15 PM
RE: Gekko-GeneticAlgorithm - by susitronix - 01-27-2018, 02:58 AM
RE: Gekko-GeneticAlgorithm - by Gryphon - 01-30-2018, 09:33 AM
RE: Gekko-GeneticAlgorithm - by susitronix - 01-30-2018, 03:18 PM