Bounty Feature Requests
Some people have approached me for custom functionality for Gekko with the offer to pay for it. I would love to help out everyone (and be compensated for it) but unfortunately I am extremely busy these days.

This what I propose, If you want a new feature for Gekko (functionality, exchange integration, indicator, plugin) and:

- You want to pay to have this feature developed.
- You do not mind that this feature will be part of the public release of Gekko after it has been build.
- You do not mind paying ME up front (I will act as the trusted third party).
- (optional) You have a deadline in mind.

This is for you!

Rules of the game

1. When creating a bounty you have to very specifically describe the exact required behaviour of the feature you want. For example if you want a new exchange added you need to describe what functionality needs to be supported (Gekko understands 3 levels of support per exchange, read more about those here).
  2. I will only recognise a bounty as being valid once I have received the bounty amount (in any type of crypto).
  3. Anyone can work on and complete a bounty (this includes me).
  4. I will only consider a bounty completed once a PR has been accepted (this means both submitted and merged) to the official Gekko repo AND I personally consider the PR to completely implement the requested feature - for this reason rule 1 is very important.
  5. I will pay out the complete bounty, minus a network fee I will need to pay to send the transaction. For example: if someone creates a bounty with a 0.1 BTC reward, I would call the bounty valid once I have received 0.1 BTC, once the bounty is completed I will send 0.1 BTC minus a minimal network fee (paid to bitcoin miners NOT to me) to the person who completed the bounty.
  6. If a bounty is created for a feature I do not want in Gekko, it will not be part of the bounty program described in this page. I will explain this in the specific feature request and we will figure out a different way to handle that bounty.
  7. I personally might resolve the right to add implementation restrictions to the Bounty. given that as the lead maintainer of Gekko I will after the bounty has been accepted be responsible for maintaining everything (including the implementation of the new feature).
  8. I am under no obligation to accept PRs if I don't like their implementations (see point above).
  9. [for bounty hunters] I might need to verify whether a certain forum user is the same as a certain Github user before I pay out. In this case I might ask you (the forum user) to create a specific gist or so on your Github account.
  10. I reserve the right to change any of these rules at any time.

How to create a bounty

- Simply start a new topic in this subforum and prefix the title with [BOUNTY].
- Be very specific about the feature request (if you are not specific enough I will ask you to amend details)
- Add a reward in some crypto (for example an amount of bitcoin or ether).
- Wait for me to reply with a response as well as a deposit address.
- Send the deposit to me.
- Wait for someone to complete the bounty Smile

-------

If you have some ideas about bounties let's discuss them in this thread.

Messages In This Thread
Bounty Feature Requests - by askmike - 01-25-2018, 03:47 PM
RE: Bounty Feature Requests - by Hilko - 04-08-2018, 10:44 AM