Rejected Sell Trades Can Lose 10% Of Your Portfolio... Or More
Cool that you saw that about the portfolio issue. You're right. I didn't wait long enough for warm up to complete. I will give it a try. 

On a separate note, these silent rejection errors are definitely a pain. But even the ones that are not silent where it outputs a message to the console doesn't help unless you check the message. This block of code from trader.js starting at line 154 is a good example:

Code:
 if(this.order) {
   if(this.order.side === direction) {
     return log.info('ignoring advice: already in the process to', direction);
   }

if(this.cancellingOrder) {
     return log.info('ignoring advice: already cancelling previous', this.order.side, 'order');
   }

log.info('Received advice to', direction, 'however Gekko is already in the process to', this.order.side);
   log.info('Canceling', this.order.side, 'order first');
   return this.cancelOrder(id, advice, () => this.processAdvice(advice));
 }

I have gotten errors where direction is undefined or side is undefined and the trade is ignored. These variables stay undefined so subsequent sell trades are also ignored.
Quote:2019-01-17 17:41:33 (INFO): advice = short
2019-01-17 17:41:33 (INFO): ignoring advice: already cancelling previous undefined order
2019-01-17 17:41:53 (DEBUG): Requested ETH/USD trade data from GDAX ...
2019-01-17 17:41:53 (DEBUG): Processing 3 new trades. From 2019-01-17 17:41:50 UTC to 2019-01-17 17:41:50 UTC. (a few seconds)

I'm probably going to change these to throw {} and have PM2 restart Gekko. At least that will reset these undefined variables.
If it isn't crypto, it isn't worth mining, it isn't worth speculating.
https://www.youtube.com/c/crypto49er

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rejected Sell Trades Can Lose 10% Of Your Portfolio... Or More - by crypto49er - 01-18-2019, 03:19 PM