[Share] RSI-BB-ADX with candlebatcher
Nice to see people experimenting with it already Smile

The strategy itself and the trading logic is exactly the same as Tommie's original strategy - I'd say that this has the same strengths and weaknesses, just that it checks the market that much more regularly that entry and exit points are caught sooner, which generally results in it making more trades.

The large losses that it can make on trades when the market dips sharply is a result of trading with the RSI indicator crossing thresholds. It could help to take a buy signal as the RSI value passing back up through the RSI_Low threshold, which is more likely to signal the market beginning to rise. When I tried this with the original strategy it didn't work well as due to the infrequent checks, the good buy in point was often long gone by the time the strategy had realised the RSI was above the threshold again. With this checking it every minute it proved far more successful.

I like stop losses in a strategy. In my view, if adding a stop loss kills a strategy in back testing, then the strategy is picking the wrong time to buy in. Of course this is much easier said than done, but I've had more success with this candle batching than other strategies. I've yet to try it, but Gekko's new inbuilt trailing stop loss should be the way to go for stop losses as it acts on tick data rather than candle.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Share] RSI-BB-ADX with candlebatcher - by Gryphon - 12-04-2018, 09:03 AM