Upcoming Strategy Competition: win 0.1 BTC!
Thanks for verifying Tommie, we had email contact before and I have personally denied entry to a lot of people that were uploading your RSI BULL/BEAR strategy without any modifications.

Quote:GekkoPlus is probably nice and i do see others need for it... but yeah.

Very fair point! My aim is to use Gekko Plus as a way financially to support working full time on Gekko. In the last few years I always did it on the side as a hobby while I was working full time (that doesn't always work well). But besides the overlap it shouldn't change very much on the open source community: the forum will stay, everything will stay on github, etc. But on top of that if I can work more on Gekko the whole project will be better.

Quote:Not the same, derivate/remixed. That's fine under the license, but there are unfortunately some restrictions.
There are probably 1000 versions of the RBB and RBB ADX strategy by now, just like i hoped for when sharing it. Smile
Only in that thread there's probably at least 20 versions or something.

I am happy that people are sharing and remixing your strategy, I hoped people would do stuff like this with Gekko and I am happy to see it happening on this scale!

I love the license you added to the strategy, but unfortunately it's not compatible with how strategies work on Gekko Plus:

Quote:ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

This is great for open source, but in the case of Gekko strategies running through a market place this becomes impossible for me to manage. As such using pre created strategies is not allowed for the contest nor the marketplace (coming after the contest). Since I cannot validate ownership and IP of strategies found online.

As such I will be investigating the strategy code to see if it was derived from your strategy (and if so by how much). How much as I like your license (I am 100% open source, open sourced Gekko, etf), it is not compatible with Gekko Plus. I will be writing a longer blog post where I go into this overall dilemma.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upcoming Strategy Competition: win 0.1 BTC! - by askmike - 11-26-2018, 10:09 AM
MUSTANG - by TopMoverDubai - 03-12-2021, 11:55 AM