Upcoming Strategy Competition: win 0.1 BTC!
Quote:Unfortunately they won't run with stock Gekko because they rely on added features and unmerged pull requests. Probably I am not the only one with customized core features. Or there are others who want to share strategy buy/sell signals but not the whole source code of their strategies.

It does kind of depend on the changes. If your strategy deals with data coming from a modified Gekko that other strategies don't have access too (for example orderbook data, smaller candles than 1 a minute) I don't think it would be fair to submit those. Since your strategy would have access to data other strategies don't have.

If your strategy simply uses a bunch of helpers to calculate orther things and such. If you can architect your code in a way that your "strategy" loads all those files inside your strategy and it runs in a stock version of Gekko that's totally fine (in that case zip all the files together before uploading).

Quote:What about a tiny Gekko plugin that calls a REST service url on every candle and gets a result to buy, sell or do nothing. So every open source Gekko could expose their strategy advices by servicing a RESTful api (to Gekko Plus). What do you think?

i'm very open to a lot of things in the long run, but for now I want to keep things simple, especially with the following contest. There are a few reasons why your proposal might have some issues:

- The idea with Gekko strategies AND the contest is that people can trust me (or the Gekko Plus platform) that the strategies will perform the same tomorrow as they do today (besides what the market is doing). If there is a rest service I am pulling data out of I can't verify this, also I can't backtest unlimited (gekko plus has a massive cloud infrastructure that can run a lot of backtests in parallel).
- I also can't verify if it's actually a gekko strategy (which is the point of the platform).
- What if your rest api goes down?
- The purpose of the contest is to connect with strategy creators and gather their strategies. After the contest I will offer these strategies to gekko plus users (and the strategy creator will get paid). If there is a rest api giving the advice, there is no point in the platform really.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upcoming Strategy Competition: win 0.1 BTC! - by askmike - 11-07-2018, 06:13 AM
MUSTANG - by TopMoverDubai - 03-12-2021, 11:55 AM