Would this be possible to build ?
Hi @TCMabe and @crypto49er,

we probably have similar thoughts to achieve a multi-coin trading setup - at least I have it also on my own "crypto game-plan" with Gekko.

The telegram bot approach is nice, but right now it is way strictly bound to a single gekko cli instance. One gekko process, one asset/currency pair, one static config, one telegram bot per process. Using telegram, it would would at least need the possibility to connect several (paper)traders to one telegrambot and this bot has a new logical layer to process these different signals (let's call it telegram signal broker service), make a decision and send the resulting crypto signal to all subscribers. The new signal then contains the "go long/go short" information, like any current Gekko advice, and informations about the trading pair (and exchange).
To execute these telegram crypto signals it would need a new strategy which actually does not process any candles anymore but instead is just a simple telegram chat client which receives crypto signals by telegram and convert/emit them to proper Gekko events, this way the Gekko broker can consume and execute the remote crypto signals.

Decoupling trading advices to any kind of "out of process logic" also has other advantages in my eyes: It would decouple Gekko from static candle size also, e.g. the new "telegram signal broker service" could forward all crypto signals with candle size 1 hour while in downtrend and switch to another signal source with candle size 5 Min. while in uptrend.

Messages In This Thread
Would this be possible to build ? - by TCMabe - 07-30-2018, 02:49 AM
RE: Would this be possible to build ? - by TCMabe - 07-30-2018, 04:06 AM
RE: Would this be possible to build ? - by mark.sch - 07-31-2018, 09:39 AM
RE: Would this be possible to build ? - by TCMabe - 08-02-2018, 09:50 PM