Stat Help - anything that works?!
(05-23-2018, 06:49 PM)crypto49er Wrote: @pingywon,

I had that same feeling when I first played around with Gekko late last year after figuring out how to install it. All the included strats (w/ exception of PPO, I haven't tested that too thoroughly) perform poorly. Your objective here is to figure out how to get BBRSI or RSI Bull Bear working on your computer instead of trying to backtest the included strats to make them work.

Once you get them working, you should be able to get backtest results that are profitable.

Thank you for the advice. I am not complaining or look for anyone to GIVE me their strat but I have literally spent hours doing backtesting (with limited knowledge admittedly) and I have to see ANYTHING that provides a positive result. 

I haven'teven seen anyone (all over the net, not just here) boast about their strat actually providing them with profits. Backtests, sure but that could be just dumb luck in manipulating the backtest till it provides something.

I am beginning to think that Gekko is a great framework and idea - but not actually making anyone any $, and that is not fault of gekkos - the more I look around I dont think there are any bots (even paid ones) that a really performing great.

Messages In This Thread
Stat Help - anything that works?! - by pingywon - 05-22-2018, 01:57 PM
RE: Stat Help - anything that works?! - by Ballsy - 05-22-2018, 02:35 PM
RE: Stat Help - anything that works?! - by Ballsy - 05-22-2018, 03:37 PM
RE: Stat Help - anything that works?! - by Ballsy - 05-22-2018, 07:43 PM
RE: Stat Help - anything that works?! - by pingywon - 05-24-2018, 04:20 PM
RE: Stat Help - anything that works?! - by bojim - 05-27-2018, 11:29 PM
RE: Stat Help - anything that works?! - by hrng - 05-28-2018, 02:30 AM