Gekko Disconnected... Only from mobile device?
(02-28-2018, 07:03 AM)bradmin Wrote: Happy to help if I can.

I went with Let's Encrypt! because the certificate is recognized by most, if not all, browsers, and my entire reason for running Gekko in the cloud was to enable remote access from any device. I also use various networks and wanted to make sure that my site would be accessible from pretty much any ISP or network connection.

Thus my frustration with the mobile phone connectivity thing.

I would strongly recommend using certbot if you can. It streamlined my installation and it may make it easier for you, too. Bonus is that you get a public cert that won't throw a code when you navigate to https://.

THX again.. yeah that sounds reasonable.  i just went with the self signed cert because it was the first to have worked. (had some struggles setting up nginx at first). i will look into the other possibilities in the future. for now it works for me.

one thing about that mobile browser: have you tried different browser e.g. Samsung browser or opera mobile?
i cant seem to access from safari browser. maybe there is some incompatibility with the cert?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gekko Disconnected... Only from mobile device? - by donkykong017 - 02-28-2018, 07:48 AM