[SHARE] Simple RSI BULL/BEAR strategy
(05-04-2018, 05:58 AM)Kris191 Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 03:29 AM)yesman85 Wrote:
(04-25-2018, 11:26 AM)tommiehansen Wrote: You're talking about the strategy as if there is a fixed setting that "just works"?
This is not the case, quite frankly -- this isn't even remotely close to the case.

It will always fail to do what's the absolute greatest thing to do, every single time.

It's not about timing a specific point in time perfectly, it's about doing more good then bad in the long run.

No I agree fully with you Tommie, I'm just trying to understand what some of the implications are for each parameter. Unfortunately it's hard to figure out as each parameter influences eachother. I ran lots of backtesting too and found a couple of OK runs.

You are saying that you find that larger coins fare worse, is this because of it's non-volatile nature (compared to other smaller coins)? I found that USDT/ETH was a good candidate for stability, maybe I should look at more at something less stable?

Also found that a 12 min candle would yield better results than 5 minutes, I think I'll try to do more backtesting with some other coins.

I'm still trying to figure this out i get the bull bear state and how it uses  over bough and sold signals, how the ADX and mods work i have no idea. if anyone wants to help me out with an explanation it would be welcomed.

However the strat is working and i'l fine tuning using average numbers from backtests.

Kris191,

I made a video on the ADX indicator. That's definitely a starting point to understanding this strategy. It is specific to the indicator and how we can use it for day trading / swing trading. It was so surprising to me that I never heard of this indicator until I found here in the Gekko forum.

https://steemit.com/trading/@crypto49er/3nr7fq40

I will try to make another video specifically talking about how this indicator is being used for the strategy.
If it isn't crypto, it isn't worth mining, it isn't worth speculating.
https://www.youtube.com/c/crypto49er

Messages In This Thread
Werkkrew Stoploss - by susitronix - 02-02-2018, 09:39 PM
Removed post - by susitronix - 02-03-2018, 06:49 PM
@Gryphon Confirmation - by mvangoor - 03-22-2019, 11:59 PM
for 3 months - by ankasem - 02-18-2018, 05:30 PM
RE: [SHARE] Simple RSI BULL/BEAR strategy - by crypto49er - 05-04-2018, 01:59 PM