Some newbie questions..
Hey people, happy to have jumped into Gekko after watching a few of Crypto49ers videos on Youtube. I was aware of Gekko over a year ago but only in the last few days have i jumped into the world of Gekko backtesting. 

After doing lots of reading & exploring, I want to say a massive big thank you to askmike & the other developers for sharing & developing a great thing! Im already looking forward to the new UI and watching closely at the exciting Gekkoplus project! 
So far i'm playing with cheap shit alt coins  Big Grin so i'm happy to have a little punt at live trading here & there over the quiet xmas period... 

I initially installed on OSX and did some backtesting with some data, all went along fine but I did have some problems with npm & dependancies. They got solved easily with crypto49ers great videos and the info on here & the web. Then i used my Poloniex API key...  again all running fine on OSX. 

Then I installed on Pi  - so far only have run the --ui version. 
But i think my first mistake was using the same API key as my backtesting OSX - on my live Pi - i got fairly regular "nonce supplied" errors. A quick search on here and learn there is a 8 per second limit, so I generated a new API key, so one for live Pi & one for backtesting on mac. - But i'm still getting fairly regular nonce errors. on some occasions i get a whole html dump of a cloudflare page (504 error) in my terminal. 

So my 1st question: Are the nonce errors because my live bot is using 1 minute candles? Am i hammering the API too much? is there any easy solution?

2nd question: My pi is using 6gb card, my strat runner is pulling 1 min candles. Is this a ticking time-bomb?  my instinct tells me im going to run out of space in sqlite soon. Any ideas how much GB of disc space a month of 1 minute candles will be. Should i look at a cron script to clean up or is that a bad idea & required for the bot to work? 

3rd question: I sometimes get
Code:
'[ws] stale websocket client, terminating..'
error. So far im not finding much info on that.. Any help or pointers please.  Pi is running the --ui with ethernet connection. Is this because im running the UI? i plan to run the CLi in the future, but i find the UI helpful for now. 

Thanks again Gekko :Smile

Messages In This Thread
Some newbie questions.. - by carlo - 12-17-2018, 12:09 PM
RE: Some newbie questions.. - by askmike - 12-18-2018, 01:35 PM
RE: Some newbie questions.. - by leventsane - 07-25-2019, 12:22 AM
RE: Some newbie questions.. - by carlo - 12-22-2018, 06:03 PM
RE: Some newbie questions.. - by askmike - 12-22-2018, 06:49 PM