Beginner's question
Hi everybody.

Just joined this community. I would like to start coding my own strategy on this framework, I'm coming from a deeply modified-by-me version of Zenbot, but before going in deep with this new framework, I need to know if with Gekko I can overpass limits which I have with Zenbot. I hope someone of you experts can spend a little bit of time for a rookie like me.

Here my questions:

1) Is it possible to open different positions? In the meaning of: can I set a buy order, let it to be executed, store all the details in an object and then, if needed, set again a new buy order, let it to be executed and [...], so opening different long positions, till some conditions trigger the "sell" order for a certain position?
Example:

Time= 1000
buy trigger -> buy order -> bought 1 BTC at 5000€ -> store details in positions[1]

Time= 2000
buy trigger -> buy order -> bought 1 BTC at 4900€ -> store details in positions[2]

Time= 3000
buy trigger -> buy order -> bought 1 BTC at 5100€ -> store details in positions[3]

Time= 4000
sell trigger -> sell order for positions[2] at 5200€/BTC -> delete positions[2]

(With Zenbot it was not possible, it buys and sells a percentage of the total capital, so I had to deeply modify the engine to succed this)

2) Is it possible to open simultaneous order, and follow them one by one?

Example:

Time= 1000
buy trigger -> buy order at fixed price 4900€/BTC (order[1]) -> waiting for order[1] to be settled...

Time= 2000
buy trigger -> buy order at fixed price 4800€/BTC (order[2]) -> waiting for order[2] to be settled...

Time= 3000
price is 4900€/BTC -> order[1] settled -> store details in positions[1]

Time= 4000
sell trigger -> sent order for positions[1] at fixed price 5200€/BTC (order[3]) -> waiting for order[3] to be settled...

Time= 5000
price is 4800€/BTC -> order[2] settled -> store details in positions[2]

...and so on.

(With Zenbot, this is not possible. I should deeply modify the code, but I prefer to switch to a different platform before taking up this real asspain)

-------
That's all! Pretty easy to answer if you are acquainted with the code, but not for me if I have to read all the sources.

As said, it is not a matter of coding again my strategy, I will do this in a pretty fair time, but a matter of having an underlying framework which will support me and does not costrain me to modify everything in deep!

If something is not clear, please ask me and I will answer all of your questions. I really would like to leave Zenbot framework, cause till now it was a never-ending modifying job to tailor it to my needs.

Thanks to all!

Messages In This Thread
Beginner's question - by pdbc - 11-15-2018, 02:44 PM
RE: Beginner's question - by Piff_Sara - 02-07-2019, 11:54 AM
RE: Beginner's question - by pdbc - 02-07-2019, 01:36 PM