[discussion] Supporting market orders in live trading
The market taker order will be a very nice feature in my eyes, especially when you know there is a high potential of very big price movements within a short time frame.

E.g. I was working on a multi market strategy today, watching both ethereum and bitcoin on 1 minute candles. When a calculated price percent oszillator detects a significant rise/pump on bitcoin, the strategy will buy ethereum with a trailing stop loss (with only 0.1% bandwidth). The strategy only wants to catch the short and strong expected increase on the altcoin.

The backtest gave very nice results, 400 trades within 9 month and a total exposure of 26 hours, sharpe ratio of 96 and a total profit of 107%, but in practice I would prefer to buy as a market taker due to the fast price movement. Selling with a sticky order will be probably fine in this case.

I think it can by very useful if the order type can by specified with the advice (and not only globally in the config file) e.g. like this:

this.advice({
direction: 'long',
trigger: {
type: 'trailingStop',
trailPercentage: 0.1,
order: 'market'
}
});

Messages In This Thread
RE: [discussion] Supporting market orders in live trading - by mark.sch - 10-01-2018, 06:41 PM