Need help with trading bot functionality
Exclamation 
Hey there!

I developed my working strategy and I like how it works good sometimes.

Here there are some problems with my usage of Gekko (trading bot with API from exchanges):

1) I save the last price I bought/sold like:

Code:
this.lastprice = candle.close;

This is a big problem when you buy/sell at a price xx% (where xx is big) higher/lower from the price that triggered the advice.

Example: 
Advice: buy @0.00015 -> lastprice = 0.00015 but then it buys @0.00019 -> sell @0.00017 -> I expect +0.00002 but I'm like -0.00002. 

Is there a solution? Is there the possibility to get the last price traded instead of the way I use?

2) I also would like to stop orders repetition (for example: if there's a long advice when price is 0.00015 and then price goes to 0.00030 while the order is not yet satisfied, I would like to cancel the order, not changing it to buy @0.00030). Is it possible?

3) Am I right to use advices (this.advice("long"); / this.advice("short")Wink even if I'm using trading bot and not paper trader? Or is it possible to use something more useful? For example:

3.a) Is it possible to suggest prices instead of using the best to buy/sell?

3.b) Is it possible to force some (or any, but I would prefer just some) order to "taker" instead of "maker" (market price usage) in Gdax?

Sorry for my bad english, hope everything is clear!   Tongue 
Sorry if there is an obvious solution but I'm not a developer  Sad 

Thank you for your software and your time, you already made a fantastic work!

Messages In This Thread
Need help with trading bot functionality - by BitPerson - 02-09-2018, 10:26 PM