problem with npm install sqlite3 please help
Sad 
node-pre-gyp WARN Using request for node-pre-gyp https download
node-pre-gyp WARN Tried to download(403): https://mapbox-node-binary.s3.amazonaws....x64.tar.gz
node-pre-gyp WARN Pre-built binaries not found for sqlite3@4.2.0 and node@14.15.1 (node-v83 ABI, unknown) (falling back to source compile with node-gyp)
gyp ERR! find VS
gyp ERR! find VS msvs_version not set from command line or npm config
gyp ERR! find VS VCINSTALLDIR not set, not running in VS Command Prompt
gyp ERR! find VS checking VS2019 (16.8.30717.126) found at:
gyp ERR! find VS "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community"
gyp ERR! find VS - "Visual Studio C++ core features" missing
gyp ERR! find VS could not find a version of Visual Studio 2017 or newer to use
gyp ERR! find VS looking for Visual Studio 2015
gyp ERR! find VS - not found
gyp ERR! find VS not looking for VS2013 as it is only supported up to Node.js 8
gyp ERR! find VS
gyp ERR! find VS **************************************************************
gyp ERR! find VS You need to install the latest version of Visual Studio
gyp ERR! find VS including the "Desktop development with C++" workload.
gyp ERR! find VS For more information consult the documentation at:
gyp ERR! find VS https://github.com/nodejs/node-gyp#on-windows
gyp ERR! find VS **************************************************************
gyp ERR! find VS
gyp ERR! configure error
gyp ERR! stack Error: Could not find any Visual Studio installation to use
gyp ERR! stack     at VisualStudioFinder.fail (C:\Users\edots\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\lib\find-visualstudio.js:121:47)
gyp ERR! stack     at C:\Users\edots\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\lib\find-visualstudio.js:74:16
gyp ERR! stack     at VisualStudioFinder.findVisualStudio2013 (C:\Users\edots\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\lib\find-visualstudio.js:351:14)
gyp ERR! stack     at C:\Users\edots\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\lib\find-visualstudio.js:70:14
gyp ERR! stack     at C:\Users\edots\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\lib\find-visualstudio.js:372:16
gyp ERR! stack     at C:\Users\edots\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\lib\util.js:54:7
gyp ERR! stack     at C:\Users\edots\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\lib\util.js:33:16
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:315:5)
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:315:20)
gyp ERR! stack     at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1048:16)
gyp ERR! System Windows_NT 10.0.19041
gyp ERR! command "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe" "C:\\Users\\edots\\AppData\\Roaming\\npm\\node_modules\\npm\\node_modules\\node-gyp\\bin\\node-gyp.js" "configure" "--fallback-to-build" "--module=C:\\Users\\edots\\Downloads\\gekko-develop\\gekko-develop\\node_modules\\sqlite3\\lib\\binding\\node-v83-win32-x64\\node_sqlite3.node" "--module_name=node_sqlite3" "--module_path=C:\\Users\\edots\\Downloads\\gekko-develop\\gekko-develop\\node_modules\\sqlite3\\lib\\binding\\node-v83-win32-x64" "--napi_version=7" "--node_abi_napi=napi" "--napi_build_version=0" "--node_napi_label=node-v83"
gyp ERR! cwd C:\Users\edots\Downloads\gekko-develop\gekko-develop\node_modules\sqlite3
gyp ERR! node -v v14.15.1
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v5.1.0
gyp ERR! not ok
node-pre-gyp ERR! build error
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack Error: Failed to execute 'C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe C:\Users\edots\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.js configure --fallback-to-build --module=C:\Users\edots\Downloads\gekko-develop\gekko-develop\node_modules\sqlite3\lib\binding\node-v83-win32-x64\node_sqlite3.node --module_name=node_sqlite3 --module_path=C:\Users\edots\Downloads\gekko-develop\gekko-develop\node_modules\sqlite3\lib\binding\node-v83-win32-x64 --napi_version=7 --node_abi_napi=napi --napi_build_version=0 --node_napi_label=node-v83' (1)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\Users\edots\Downloads\gekko-develop\gekko-develop\node_modules\node-pre-gyp\lib\util\compile.js:83:29)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:315:20)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack     at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1048:16)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:288:5)
node-pre-gyp ERR! System Windows_NT 10.0.19041
node-pre-gyp ERR! command "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe" "C:\\Users\\edots\\Downloads\\gekko-develop\\gekko-develop\\node_modules\\node-pre-gyp\\bin\\node-pre-gyp" "install" "--fallback-to-build"
node-pre-gyp ERR! cwd C:\Users\edots\Downloads\gekko-develop\gekko-develop\node_modules\sqlite3
node-pre-gyp ERR! node -v v14.15.1
node-pre-gyp ERR! node-pre-gyp -v v0.11.0
node-pre-gyp ERR! not ok
Failed to execute 'C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe C:\Users\edots\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.js configure --fallback-to-build --module=C:\Users\edots\Downloads\gekko-develop\gekko-develop\node_modules\sqlite3\lib\binding\node-v83-win32-x64\node_sqlite3.node --module_name=node_sqlite3 --module_path=C:\Users\edots\Downloads\gekko-develop\gekko-develop\node_modules\sqlite3\lib\binding\node-v83-win32-x64 --napi_version=7 --node_abi_napi=napi --napi_build_version=0 --node_napi_label=node-v83' (1)
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! sqlite3@4.2.0 install: `node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the sqlite3@4.2.0 install script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     C:\Users\edots\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2020-12-03T20_04_00_213Z-debug.log
I believe I have the same problem. For me, sqlite3 installs without errors, but installing dependencies per the instructions do generate errors. Is that where the above errors are generated for you?

Please let me know if you found a solution. I'm on a Raspberry Pi 4 BTW.

Thanks
(12-20-2020, 10:30 PM)MasterBuilder Wrote: I believe I have the same problem.   For me, sqlite3 installs without errors, but installing dependencies per the instructions do generate errors.  Is that where the above errors are generated for you?

Please let me know if you found a solution.  I'm on a Raspberry Pi 4 BTW.

Thanks

Posting a update given all the views and the limited posts.  I got my system (Raspberry Pi 4) working by simply resizing the partition using one of the advanced options under raspi-config.

Did that after changing the password (the first thing), then everything else in order listed on the installation instructions.  

Then sudo apt-get install sqlite3, to install SQLite.

Script warnings and Failures still happened.  But when done I was able to host the site, and import data without error.

I'll probably wipe a spare SD card and retry installing gekko a dozen more times, and post a step by step procedure once I've confirmed it.  But I believe resizing the partition made the difference.
Hi, I had the same problem and fixed it with:

sudo npm install sqlite --unsafe-perm