VmaPredict2.js (new)
pfw i've been of the grid for while.
You find some of the best results as posted by others here in the discussion, my used code isnt any different from what i got on git no secrecy
[....Resistance is futile...]
Hey !
Thanks for your work PGTART ! Smile

I'm currently trying to use the VmaPredict6D strategy to see what I can do in backtests on the Binance BTC/USD market with the last 3 month of data.
Most of the time I get good results except for few 'DownHill' that totally destroys my results.
I try to understand why others short signals doesn't executes before the 'DownHill' signal, according to the market that often has a short period of time where it goes higher that the bought at value before going down for a long time.

Is the purpose of 'DownHill' short signal to say "ok let's sell even if there is astronomous deficit, if the market goes down it must goes up next" ?
(02-05-2020, 08:36 AM)lipnel Wrote: Hey !
Thanks for your work PGTART ! Smile

I'm currently trying to use the VmaPredict6D strategy to see what I can do in backtests on the Binance BTC/USD market with the last 3 month of data.
Most of the time I get good results except for few 'DownHill' that totally destroys my results.
I try to understand why others short signals doesn't executes before the 'DownHill' signal, according to the market that often has a short period of time where it goes higher that the bought at value before going down for a long time.

Is the purpose of 'DownHill' short signal to say "ok let's sell even if there is astronomous deficit, if the market goes down it must goes up next" ?

Downhill is a form of loose protect, not any 'bet' can be profitable and sometimes it's better to get out to start again deeper in the valley.

BTW I just fixed 6D last night, i will have some more time and i have some new ideas as well for a version 7, to be more precise i think i can optimize the buy low even better, still, it has to work out as well.

Also on a side note, i will focus on TRON coin not bitcoin, I like the way how altcoins fluctuate, its seen in the west as an altcoin but in Asia it's more popular then ripple and well Europe was always behind in this stuff, so i go TRON testing Smile
This also means that the TOML files on my git will be optimized towards TRON from now on  (6D might be git updated as well).

Anny way a version 7 is in the making (abandoning older prj ideas)

ALSO i moved to GREEN GEKKO, for now the prj will still work on the old Gekko, but be aware that its development has stopped !!
Green Gekko has mor tricks on its sleave and works on prostgresql green gekko can be installed in its own folder though
Hi PGTART,

Thanks for all your hard work I am testing the latest version and have noticed it does alot more trades but results are not as good as before on altcoins, what is your recommended time frame ? Smaller timeframes seem worse now than before only 4hr seems to be doing OK but adjusting params not making much difference.
(02-22-2020, 01:26 PM)Stixx Wrote: Hi PGTART,

Thanks for all your hard work I am testing the latest version and have noticed it does alot more trades but results are not as good as before on altcoins, what is your recommended time frame ? Smaller timeframes seem worse now than before only 4hr seems to be doing OK but adjusting params not making much difference.

I use a time frame of 1 hour, shorter time frames becomme quite hectic, and dont work well with the averages.
I had a long hunt before, to search for a 5 min time frame, afterall math shouldn't be different, though that was a too long hunt.
Still I think it should be possible, but i realize its must harder to find,as the graph's get wilder.
Most of the math i adjust based upon the console log
Are all rules represented in a balanced way, and does the graph look OK, didnt it fell for traps etc, did i miss important peaks or valleys.
(It helps to read the code parts as well for this so you better understand what it does)

Since the Altcoins are generally less worth then the bitcoin keep in mind the values swing a lot less, so most triggers becomme smaller.
(perhaps i should do more in percentages or fractions, to become less dependent on that) yeah i probably should....
I upload vmapredict 7 it had again a 30% profit which i consider better as compared to average simple strategies, this math should be able to get 30% if you take some time to tweak it, there have been even better results i know but those require a lot of testing and i cannot do both (code and test).

Maybe though 7 should contain more tweaks, and so it will get them later this week
7 also has a toml optimized towards Tron (TRX) improved from 6D, going to upload to GIT now.
(02-23-2020, 02:37 AM)PGTART Wrote:
(02-22-2020, 01:26 PM)Stixx Wrote: Hi PGTART,

I use a time frame of 1 hour, shorter time frames becomme quite hectic, and dont work well with the averages.
I had a long hunt before, to search for a 5 min time frame, afterall math shouldn't be different, though that was a too long hunt.
Still I think it should be possible, but i realize its must harder to find,as the graph's get wilder.
Most of the math i adjust based upon the console log
Are all rules represented in a balanced way, and does the graph look OK, didnt it fell for traps etc, did i miss important peaks or valleys.
(It helps to read the code parts as well for this so you better understand what it does)

Since the Altcoins are generally less worth then the bitcoin keep in mind the values swing a lot less, so most triggers becomme smaller.
(perhaps i should do more in percentages or fractions, to become less dependent on that) yeah i probably should....
I upload vmapredict 7 it had again a 30% profit which i consider better as compared to average simple strategies, this math should be able to get 30% if you take some time to tweak it, there have been even better results i know but those require a lot of testing and i cannot do both (code and test).

Maybe though 7 should contain more tweaks, and so it will get them later this week
7 also has a toml optimized towards Tron (TRX) improved from 6D, going to upload to GIT now.

Hi mate, I think something is wrong with V7 it makes 0 trades on all pairs including Tron. I am completely useless when it comes to coding so cannot really tell what is the problem.

Thanks

Thanks
Your right something went wrong in between my Git commits, and sadly an original file in which it all worked is lost.
I though it was local problem between me and postgresql since 7 it had worked in development, I tought the GIT version was OK but its not.
I will dive into it this week, i need to find a moment for it, somehow trading protection from downhill rule kicks in, which it should not do. (only pause a day after a bad trade).
I'll remove 7 from git till its ready, or no I leave it there, if someone spots the error before i do, let me know, if not wait a bit more
I'm unable to test and solve the issue for the moment i'm facing a (green) gekko error, for which i have no idea to solve.

Serving Gekko UI on http://localhost:3000/

<-- GET /favicon.ico
--> GET /favicon.ico 404 4ms -
<-- GET /api/imports
--> GET /api/imports 200 3ms 2b
<-- GET /api/gekkos
--> GET /api/gekkos 200 2ms 24b
<-- GET /api/apiKeys
--> GET /api/apiKeys 200 3ms 2b
<-- GET /api/exchanges
TypeError: checkFn is not a function
at RetryOperation._fn (G:\GreenGekko\gekko\exchange\exchangeUtils.js:21:5)
at RetryOperation.attempt (G:\GreenGekko\gekko\exchange\node_modules\retry\lib\retry_operation.js:112:8)
at retryInstance (G:\GreenGekko\gekko\exchange\exchangeUtils.js:20:13)
at G:\GreenGekko\gekko\exchange\wrappers\okex.js:654:24
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7)
at Function.module.exports.loopWhile (G:\GreenGekko\gekko\exchange\node_modules\deasync\index.js:70:11)
at Trader.getCapabilities (G:\GreenGekko\gekko\exchange\wrappers\okex.js:659:19)
at RetryOperation.attempt (G:\GreenGekko\gekko\exchange\node_modules\retry\lib\retry_operation.js:112:8)
at Function.module.exports.loopWhile (G:\GreenGekko\gekko\exchange\node_modules\deasync\index.js:70:11)
at Function.Trader.getCapabilities (G:\GreenGekko\gekko\exchange\wrappers\okex.js:659:19)
at G:\GreenGekko\gekko\web\routes\exchanges.js:35:33
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
at Object.module.exports (G:\GreenGekko\gekko\web\routes\exchanges.js:22:13) at module.exports.next (<anonymous>)
at Object.dispatch (G:\GreenGekko\gekko\node_modules\koa-router\lib\router.js:334:5)
at dispatch.next (<anonymous>)
at onFulfilled (G:\GreenGekko\gekko\node_modules\co\index.js:65:19)

G:\GreenGekko\gekko>
(02-26-2020, 10:21 PM)PGTART Wrote: I'm unable to test and solve the issue for the moment i'm facing a (green) gekko error, for which i have no idea to solve.

Serving Gekko UI on http://localhost:3000/

<-- GET /favicon.ico
 --> GET /favicon.ico 404 4ms -
 <-- GET /api/imports
 --> GET /api/imports 200 3ms 2b
 <-- GET /api/gekkos
 --> GET /api/gekkos 200 2ms 24b
 <-- GET /api/apiKeys
 --> GET /api/apiKeys 200 3ms 2b
 <-- GET /api/exchanges
TypeError: checkFn is not a function
   at Trader.getCapabilities (G:\GreenGekko\gekko\exchange\wrappers\okex.js:659:19)
   at Function.Trader.getCapabilities (G:\GreenGekko\gekko\exchange\wrappers\okex.js:659:19)
   at G:\GreenGekko\gekko\web\routes\exchanges.js:35:33
   at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
   at Object.module.exports (G:\GreenGekko\gekko\web\routes\exchanges.js:22:13)    at module.exports.next (<anonymous>)
   at Object.dispatch (G:\GreenGekko\gekko\node_modules\koa-router\lib\router.js:334:5)
   at dispatch.next (<anonymous>)
   at onFulfilled (G:\GreenGekko\gekko\node_modules\co\index.js:65:19)

G:\GreenGekko\gekko>

You should try going on discord for gekko I have had some help there with my issues in the past and also the greengekko mark is there too always helping out.
I have been meaning to as is there a stop loss in this strat? I was looking at a backtest of Matic and would have got wrecked there without one.

Thanks