VmaPredict2.js (new)
(09-29-2019, 05:06 PM)Dieguz Wrote: hello

i have started to do some testing; using the vmapredict6c.
here a .rtf files with some considerations.

i was no able to use percentage in 

Magica          
MediumOut 
ShortSight    
HighShot    

so i used values.
i will experiment with percentage and report results

using eur/btc and magica around 250 or so i got good results.

the other parameters are not relevant

https://www.mediafire.com/file/juczc9ehqi4y78w/strategyAnalysis.rtf/file

i will continue to test the solution which is very interesting.

Was reading your rtf, as write of the code i dont agree, its not a good rtf.
The other rules are important as well each rule had a different market movement in mind, together they can work great. Read the forum back and you find an almost near 100% gain. Personally gains of 16 % would not have been a reason to release code. The benefit must be significant (and not some random side effect of bad settings) so at least 40% or more, over a 7 month period. (the period i used).
So keep tuning and posting
[....Resistance is futile...]
(09-30-2019, 08:55 AM)Zid Wrote: Hello.

I have problems with vmapredict6c.
I use the same values as in vmapredict6b + the [RSISafety] part.
It seems that [RSISafety] will not work correct.
When RSICandles is higher than 1 there are no trades.
With 1 candle I receive weird/many trades.
It doesn't matter when I use percentage values or not.
Additional the "trade duration" is maximal one candle long (eg. 1 hour).
Dieguz has the same effect. His losses are not "cut", it is because of the trade duration lasts only 1 candle.

In vmapredict6b I have acceptable results with percentage values. I optimize it a bit and will certainly post my values.

Zid

PS: Sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language.

Geen probleem ik ben ook niet Engles, no problem neither i am an English Native .

A few days ago a language improvement was pushed to git, altered 6c.
I just saw it did something more, and i reverted that if all is OK now then those settings can be altered by changing the RSI values.
Notice that i use fractions so its 0.0 till 1.0 
In simple i'musing RSI evaulation to see if its a side trend or realy something.
Ran a few backtests using ETH USDT on a 4hr timeframe on 6B. Current settings have been giving +23% in a bear market (market -44%). Not too bad I think.

Settings and screenshot below:

.png   2019-09-30-191651_1360x768_scrot.png (Size: 113.86 KB / Downloads: 91)

Magica     = 0.1      
MediumOut  = 0.15  
ShortSight = 0.16  
HighShot   = 0.1

# if you dont want that set below to false!
UsePercentage = true  

# downhill = short after price drop since highest
# highshot = short after price jump 2 new candles
# bullseye = secure profit since bought
# daystop = max los stops trade till next day

# those are still fixed numbers
DownHill = 3
BullsEye = 100  
DayStop = 20   

[ForcastTrend] 
#forcast trend tulip indicator

Short =  6 
Medium = 17
Long = 100   #nan

[PeriodAverage] 
#moving averages
Short = 5
Medium = 20
Long = 30

[VolumePeriodAverage]
 #volume moving averages  

Short  = 6    #not used
Medium = 24
Long   = 100  #not used
Nice to see trading in other cryptos. The latest version was made for that. I do not know though what would be good profits there. If those markets are more stable ea: less speculation. On the other hand profit in less jumping coins who are cheaper as BTC are more safe as well. More coins at 24% Vs less coins at40% with a higher risks.
(09-30-2019, 10:20 PM)PGTART Wrote: Nice to see trading in other cryptos. The latest version was made for that. I do not know though what would be good profits there. If those markets are more stable ea: less speculation. On the other hand profit in less jumping coins who are cheaper as BTC are more safe as well. More coins at 24% Vs less coins at40% with a higher risks.

Hello, 

i'm trying to decode why the backtesting performed by IloveLeverage was so good
in other similar markets trends the performance is not so good during the backtesting

i hope to post some simulation result and infos soon

Dieguz
New minor version 6D

While thinking and staring at trade charts, i came to think how much sentiment is driving Bitcoin markets.
I noted downfalls of 1 day, and well my math could continue and perform another downhill fall for that day.
If a downhill event happens we now can stop trading (in the toml DownHillStop = true).
Then the media and and all cowboy traders can burn, while we wait till all is settled next day.
Note though, that a different way to get into Day trading stop, is by setting DayStop
That will stop trading if all trades of that day together go beyond a certain loss  (its resetted each day).

The new changes are not extreme gains (i think not sure), but it was enough to go over 40% over the market.
(which was 5% higher above 6C with the other tweaks, in my 8 month BTC backtest data test).

If you dont want DownHillStop set it to false.
There are also some other small changes, but those are not realy that big.

The TOML is provided, old toml is missing entries, and there are some name changes.
I now use the word fractions, instead of percentages...
I'm Dutch and dont think to much about spelling when i have some coding goal in mind.

I guess this toml is also slightly better then the previous 6C version.
Though i believe it can be improved, and i'mlooking forward to your people's results.

Also a special thanks to the people who pointed me to some coding typo's on Git.

code is inside my GIT repository:   https://github.com/PGTBoos/GekkoStrategies

PS 1
I wish i could somehow put my variables as a graph'over the trading chart, this would ease my Math mind a lot.
(an extra trading tab graph in gekko ? ), exporting importing to excel takes to much coding time for experiments.
Maybe someone knows how to code that ?.
I dont know enough about this framework to extend it with an extra page..

PS 2
Since i have a new job i cannot put a lot of time in it anymore, so development of this has slown down quite a bit.
But other coders can contact me on Git (where i actually still read my Email )
(10-08-2019, 09:37 PM)PGTART Wrote: New minor version 6D

While thinking and staring at trade charts, i came to think how much sentiment is driving Bitcoin markets.
I noted downfalls of 1 day, and well my math could continue and perform another downhill fall for that day.
If a downhill event happens we now can stop trading (in the toml DownHillStop = true).
Then the media and and all cowboy traders can burn, while we wait till all is settled next day.
Note though, that a different way to get into Day trading stop, is by setting DayStop
That will stop trading if all trades of that day together go beyond a certain loss  (its resetted each day).

The new changes are not extreme gains (i think not sure), but it was enough to go over 40% over the market.
(which was 5% higher above 6C with the other tweaks, in my 8 month BTC backtest data test).

If you dont want DownHillStop set it to false.
There are also some other small changes, but those are not realy that big.

The TOML is provided, old toml is missing entries, and there are some name changes.
I now use the word fractions, instead of percentages...
I'm Dutch and dont think to much about spelling when i have some coding goal in mind.

I guess this toml is also slightly better then the previous 6C version.
Though i believe it can be improved, and i'mlooking forward to your people's results.

Also a special thanks to the people who pointed me to some coding typo's on Git.

code is inside my GIT repository:   https://github.com/PGTBoos/GekkoStrategies

PS 1
I wish i could somehow put my variables as a graph'over the trading chart, this would ease my Math mind a lot.
(an extra trading tab graph in gekko ? ), exporting importing to excel takes to much coding time for experiments.
Maybe someone knows how to code that ?.
I dont know enough about this framework to extend it with an extra page..

PS 2
Since i have a new job i cannot put a lot of time in it anymore, so development of this has slown down quite a bit.
But other coders can contact me on Git (where i actually still read my Email )

Friend, 
could you post an example or an image of how you would like this graphic?
?

[Image: chart-fullscreen.png]
(10-12-2019, 01:06 AM)mauroprojetos Wrote: ?

That's from green gekko. 
Tried to install it with postgresql, but backtesting in UI doesn't work. 
Query has no candles ( Cannot read property 'start' of undefined ), but command line backtesting works. 

I wanted to suggest this too as alternative, but this error is a showstopper.
(10-12-2019, 05:13 AM)Zid Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 01:06 AM)mauroprojetos Wrote: ?

That's from green gekko. 
Tried to install it with postgresql, but backtesting in UI doesn't work. 
Query has no candles ( Cannot read property 'start' of undefined ), but command line backtesting works. 

I wanted to suggest this too as alternative, but this error is a showstopper.

I was able to make the user interface work with postgres.