Are there any step by step guides
Hello all.  I am a complete noob at both Gekko and Linux.    

I have been looking for the root directory of Gekko to start experimenting with writing my own strat.  Now, I know that linux (ubunto) comes into it somehow but for the life of me I cant work out how.  
Is there any documentation that an uber noob like me can look at to help with all this?  
I have watched the YT vid on the docs page of Gekko itself but the chap that does it doesn't show how to access the relevant files/folders.  

I know that i am being quite dumb but we all started somewhere.

Please help.
OK...  quick update.
I finally found them. You have to un-hide them in windows.
How i did it:

file explorer > view tab on explorer box > (far right side top) options drop down > change folder and search options > view tab (on the folders option box that pops up) > search for "Hide protected operating system files" and un-check the box > click apply > a warning will pop up explaining the risks > click "OK" > click "OK"

**Read the warning before you click OK to decide if you want the responsibility of having unprotected OPERATING SYSTEM files and folders accessible on your machine**

The path to the directory is:

c:drive/Users/yourusernamehere/AppData/Local/Packages/CanonicalGroupLimited.Ubuntuonwindows_79rhkp1fndgsc/LocalState/rootfs/home/yourusername/gekko

Hopefully this will help someone in the same boat as i was in.