Is there a way to disable sticky orders?
They ruin my strategy. Is there a way to just place normal limit orders at the exact price the strategy calls for without trying to be on top of order book and cancel when limit orders don’t fill? In fact, is there a way to issue your own limit orders at specified price as opposed to just waiting for candle to close?
Not right now, working on more control to execution strategy (market orders, limit orders, or sticky etc) right now. So hopefully asap.

Quote:In fact, is there a way to issue your own limit orders at specified price as opposed to just waiting for candle to close?

You can edit your local Gekko to do this quite easily: a sticky order can be passed a limit, if you set that to the current BBO you basically have a limit order (since Gekko won't reposition it when the BBO moves the other way).

- Docs on how to set a limit: https://gekko.wizb.it/docs/gekko-broker/...mple-usage
- Code within Gekko that creates a sticky order: https://github.com/askmike/gekko/blob/de...er.js#L262
Thanks. I will have to understand the code better and experiment with it.
I will definitely offer more flexibility regarding (order) execution asap! It's on the top of my list.
So will this work? - I am editing sticky order JS to do as follows:

basically I am trying to limit the movement in price to maximum of XX amount !

Code:
if(side === 'buy') {
     if(params.limit) {
       this.limit = this.roundPrice(params.limit);
     } else {
       this.noLimit = false;
       this.limit = 0.0000010;
     }
   } else {
     if(params.limit) {
       this.limit = this.roundPrice(params.limit);
     } else {
       this.noLimit = false;
       this.limit = -0.0000005;
     }
}

Gekko is selling, but not buying / not even submitting orders!

The sticky order is a nice feature! but it leads to many failed trades..
this.limit needs to be a price amount, if the price is 100 and you want to buy but NOT higher than 110 you need to pass a limit of 110, NOT 10.

If the price is 100 and you want to buy at 100 but not higher, set the limit to 100.

Note that if you do this and the price rises before someone sells under your limit you will never buy.
Quote:The sticky order is a nice feature! but it leads to many failed trades..

Well the hard part is doing proper order execution: if you KNOW the price will go up 5% in seconds you should do a market order since you can't risk not buying before it goes up. But Gekko strategies usually don't know these kind of things. The "sticky order" is conservative in trading but this has benefits:

- you never pay maker fees.
- you never have slippage.
- you never have to pay to cross the spread.

Here is a video where I explain this: https://youtu.be/r0yc1sonYvo

The main thing I want to prevent is people trading on illiquid markets (for example on binance) and doing market orders that end up costing 3% of your money.
Hello! New in the forum, glad to meet u Smile

I am struggling with sticky orders and I wonder if there's a method to notify the strategy plugin the final buy or sell price that the sticky order has filled.

Let me explain: I have created a strategy where I stored the buy price to calculate the profit percentage, but the sticky order sometimes modifies the final price, so my calculations are wrong. Do we have access in the strategy to the last filled order?

Thanks!