Upcoming Strategy Competition: win 0.1 BTC!
I have refused more than 20 strategy submissions after it became clear they where directly copied from github strategies.

You guys are referring to this one: https://app.gekkoplus.com/bot/rsiadxsto

Being the same as this one? https://forum.gekko.wizb.it/thread-100.html

I'm not in a position to check the strategy running on Gekko Plus right now (at the airport) but will make sure I'll double check this (or if it's Tommie's account, though I doubt it).
(11-25-2018, 05:51 PM)askmike Wrote: I have refused more than 20 strategy submissions after it became clear they where directly copied from github strategies.

You guys are referring to this one: https://app.gekkoplus.com/bot/rsiadxsto

Being the same as this one? https://forum.gekko.wizb.it/thread-100.html

I'm not in a position to check the strategy running on Gekko Plus right now (at the airport) but will make sure I'll double check this (or if it's Tommie's account, though I doubt it).

Not the same, derivate/remixed. That's fine under the license, but there are unfortunately some restrictions.
There are probably 1000 versions of the RBB and RBB ADX strategy by now, just like i hoped for when sharing it. Smile
Only in that thread there's probably at least 20 versions or something.

Yes, not my account. No need to check, GekkoPlus is probably nice and i do see others need for it... but yeah.
Thanks for verifying Tommie, we had email contact before and I have personally denied entry to a lot of people that were uploading your RSI BULL/BEAR strategy without any modifications.

Quote:GekkoPlus is probably nice and i do see others need for it... but yeah.

Very fair point! My aim is to use Gekko Plus as a way financially to support working full time on Gekko. In the last few years I always did it on the side as a hobby while I was working full time (that doesn't always work well). But besides the overlap it shouldn't change very much on the open source community: the forum will stay, everything will stay on github, etc. But on top of that if I can work more on Gekko the whole project will be better.

Quote:Not the same, derivate/remixed. That's fine under the license, but there are unfortunately some restrictions.
There are probably 1000 versions of the RBB and RBB ADX strategy by now, just like i hoped for when sharing it. Smile

I am happy that people are sharing and remixing your strategy, I hoped people would do stuff like this with Gekko and I am happy to see it happening on this scale!

I love the license you added to the strategy, but unfortunately it's not compatible with how strategies work on Gekko Plus:

Quote:ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

This is great for open source, but in the case of Gekko strategies running through a market place this becomes impossible for me to manage. As such using pre created strategies is not allowed for the contest nor the marketplace (coming after the contest). Since I cannot validate ownership and IP of strategies found online.

As such I will be investigating the strategy code to see if it was derived from your strategy (and if so by how much). How much as I like your license (I am 100% open source, open sourced Gekko, etf), it is not compatible with Gekko Plus. I will be writing a longer blog post where I go into this overall dilemma.
(11-26-2018, 10:09 AM)askmike Wrote: Thanks for verifying Tommie, we had email contact before and I have personally denied entry to a lot of people that were uploading your RSI BULL/BEAR strategy without any modifications.

Quote:GekkoPlus is probably nice and i do see others need for it... but yeah.

Very fair point! My aim is to use Gekko Plus as a way financially to support working full time on Gekko. In the last few years I always did it on the side as a hobby while I was working full time (that doesn't always work well). But besides the overlap it shouldn't change very much on the open source community: the forum will stay, everything will stay on github, etc. But on top of that if I can work more on Gekko the whole project will be better.

Quote:Not the same, derivate/remixed. That's fine under the license, but there are unfortunately some restrictions.
There are probably 1000 versions of the RBB and RBB ADX strategy by now, just like i hoped for when sharing it. Smile

I am happy that people are sharing and remixing your strategy, I hoped people would do stuff like this with Gekko and I am happy to see it happening on this scale!

I love the license you added to the strategy, but unfortunately it's not compatible with how strategies work on Gekko Plus:

Quote:ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

This is great for open source, but in the case of Gekko strategies running through a market place this becomes impossible for me to manage. As such using pre created strategies is not allowed for the contest nor the marketplace (coming after the contest). Since I cannot validate ownership and IP of strategies found online.

As such I will be investigating the strategy code to see if it was derived from your strategy (and if so by how much). How much as I like your license (I am 100% open source, open sourced Gekko, etf), it is not compatible with Gekko Plus. I will be writing a longer blog post where I go into this overall dilemma.

As i see it you just need to add the license + attribution (somewhere) and make the strategy itself available somehow, maybe for logged in users only? The license doesn't say that it needs to be 100% available to all under no restrictions so should be compatible? The "contributions" or "build upon the material" does not mean the use of it (like Gekko or GekkoPlus) but rather the core code for the strategy itself. GekkoPlus is probably not build on top of the strategies after all.

Validation should be pretty simple if the user is somewhat active. Else all these strategies will be bust since everything legally defaults to being copyrighted with all restrictions that comes with that (so you would need to verify anyway).

I look forward to the blog post, the subject is quite interesting. Smile
I analyzed the strategy and it was based on this one: https://github.com/RJPGriffin/gekko/blob...Adx_Mod.js

Which is based on yours Tommie.

There are some adjustments from the link above, but it's fair to call the submitted strategy "rsiadxsto" not original by the uploader who doesn't appear to be RJPGriffin.

Because of this I'll be removing the strategy from the contest.

Quote:As i see it you just need to add the license + attribution (somewhere) and make the strategy itself available somehow, maybe for logged in users only? The license doesn't say that it needs to be 100% available to all under no restrictions so should be compatible? The "contributions" or "build upon the material" does not mean the use of it (like Gekko or GekkoPlus) but rather the core code for the strategy itself. GekkoPlus is probably not build on top of the strategies after all.

Good point, I will look into this for the marketplace Smile (Though the rules of the contest where defined previously, so don't want to change that much there). I'm thinking of having multiple strategies on the market place:

- standard strategies (the once included in Gekko)
- public community strategies (from the forum, github) -> these will come with links to the code and forum threads
- private strategies (like the contest)

There is still virtue in the latter, as I think this is creating difference incentives for creating and uploading strategies. I will go into this in the blog post Smile
Can confirm the uploader isn't RJPGriffin - that's me! My two entered strategies are doing far worse than that one too. Damn! Tongue

something I don't know                                                      Undecided
why not all strategies are competing on a stock exchange       Huh

why not all strategies compete with the same currency and asset     Huh

swimming competition on football field
This is just to make the contest a bit more dynamic. Some people design strategies for a specific market, so I didn't want to exclude them because they usually focus on a different market than the one for the contest. I agree that the market plays a huge role in the performance.
thank you

strategies can be designed for different markets

if it is to be used with gekko plus

users will be able to get information about which market, which double coin, is designed
Yes this is included! See a strategy page like this one: https://app.gekkoplus.com/strategies/NTA...orStrategy

Right now the data isn't optimized but it has "recommended exchanges" and per exchange a list of markets this strategy is optimized for.