Data Importing from CLI
Hi everybody! 

Maybe this is a dummy question, but I'm not enough pro to understand some topics yet...

Please tell me if I'm wrong: 

suppose that i want to perform a backtest from 1-1-2018 to 30-1-2018 with 1Day candles using a 60 SMA and let's suppose that i've already downloaded the mentioned time window previously. What does the CLI do? In my mind the CLI takes the already downloaded data (from 1st to 30th of Jan in this case) and downloads on itself 30 days more (in this case from 2nd to 31st of Dec 2017), because it needs a warmup to calculate the SMA. Then it stitches those 2 downloads as one big time window from 2-12-2017 to 30-1-2018. Is that correct?

Then: I saw some vids on youtube and read some threds on here... sometimes I see someone that says that also UI doesn't need any warmup and sometimes i see someone saying the contrary... which is the truth?? If UI doesn't need a warmup, why does it ask you to input this value?

Huh

PS: a big thanks to mike for this awesome work. Never seen such a good trading bot for crypto.

Cheers!
hi

both (cli) and u (ui) need to warm up time to trade (ui) after running the gekko imported candles to wait for the warm-up period to expire (cli) you can import the required candles for the warm-up period immediately
(10-04-2018, 06:42 PM)ankasem Wrote: hi

both (cli) and u (ui) need to warm up time to trade (ui) after running the gekko imported candles to wait for the warm-up period to expire (cli) you can import the required candles for the warm-up period immediately

Thank you for the reply @ankasem!   Smile
Sorry to bother you once again. I know the download from CLI is immediate, but "does the CLI automatically download the warmup period?"

Example: I want to perform a backtest using CLI only on August, with 1Day candles (hence I have 31 candles available). Suppose I've already downloaded August data (from UI or CLI, it doesn't matter...). Since my strategy foresees the use of a SMA 40 i need 9 candles more, therefore I need to download data from the 23rd to the 31st of July. 
The downloading of this missing time window is performed automatically by the CLI or do I have to download it on my own (through UI or CLI) before performing the backtest?

Cheeeers!
hi
for live trading

(ui) and gekko when you start (sma) length of candles after importing the strategy starts to work correctly (cannot use pre-downloaded data)

(cli) to start with gekko. (sma) you must import backward candles up to length  (uses pre-downloaded data )

After config.js is edited

node gekko --config config.js --import

+

https://gekko.wizb.it/docs/commandline/about_the_commandline.html
Thanks!