Eliminate warm up time
Thumbs Up 
Is there a way to eliminate warm-up time ?
Such as downloading recent history instead of waiting (usually for several days) for the market watcher to warm up ? Because this is really inconvenient! 

When I run gekko from linux command line, sometimes it uses local available history.
This is not the case when i run gekko from the UI on a windows server - it always spins up a new market watcher and wait for warm-up. Different modules are called depending on how gekko is executed ?
Quote:This is not the case when i run gekko from the UI on a windows server - it always spins up a new market watcher and wait for warm-up. Different modules are called depending on how gekko is executed ?

This is the actual problem we should solve. Warm up is needed if your strategy uses indicators that rely on averages. So if you restart a bot via the UI it should pull this data out of the DB (if stored). It's on my todo but I'm pretty busy..
I have a doubt: if I use a trading-system with SMA 200-periods/daily timeframe in the web UI , do I have to wait for 200 days of warm-up? I hope not... Undecided
That depends on how you configured Gekko and your strategy: Gekko doesn't look at how you configured your indicators to determine warm up time. But no data is preloaded into your strategy right now over the UI (regardless of what you configure). The CLI does not have this limitation currently.