About making new strategies (total noob here)
Hello, i am new at this forum and i just started to play with this bot a few days ago. I backtested ETH/USD and  BTC/USD pairs and got some good results but i feel that the results could be much bettter.I played with the given strategies (MACD,RSI and PPO) and i now want to make my first own strategy.Here is my problem,i dont know how to implement some finished code into the trading bot.

I copied some example code into the "strategies" folder and named the file "test strategy".When i choose "test strategy" in the backtest window,there are no parameters listed,just a blank window.My plan is to use bollinger bands and the given MACD strategy (simultaneously) but i am confused how to create a new strategy and how to make a bollinger bands indicator.I have read the official site on how to do this stuff but still dont understand.Sorry for my noob question because i have never tried a trading bot and i have no programming skills.If the post is at the wrong section,please move it where it belongs.Thank you very much.
(05-10-2018, 01:15 PM)chupa Wrote: Hello, i am new at this forum and i just started to play with this bot a few days ago. I backtested ETH/USD and  BTC/USD pairs and got some good results but i feel that the results could be much bettter.I played with the given strategies (MACD,RSI and PPO) and i now want to make my first own strategy.Here is my problem,i dont know how to implement some finished code into the trading bot.

I copied some example code into the "strategies" folder and named the file "test strategy".When i choose "test strategy" in the backtest window,there are no parameters listed,just a blank window.My plan is to use bollinger bands and the given MACD strategy (simultaneously) but i am confused how to create a new strategy and how to make a bollinger bands indicator.I have read the official site on how to do this stuff but still dont understand.Sorry for my noob question because i have never tried a trading bot and i have no programming skills.If the post is at the wrong section,please move it where it belongs.Thank you very much.

To get the settings in the backtest window, you need to create a *yourstrategy*.toml file with your settings in the config/strategies folder. I've been a complete noob, too, just look at other indicators/strategies and try to learn from it.