[SHARE] GAB - Gekko Automated Backtests
(04-20-2018, 06:26 PM)22178 Wrote: Hi, 

I'm not very knowledgeable about this. 

system: bash on Ubuntu on windows 10, database: mysql, php 7.1 , php admin, php localhost:3030, mysql:127.0.0.1:3030  Gekko localhost:3000 

I have completed the Pre-Conditions (required).  Rename the gab-master folder to gab. Copy the file to var\www directory. So var\www\gab. PHP connection point localhost:8080. I am using mysql socket 127.0.0.1:3030. How do I change the usinconfig.php settings? 

http://localhost:3030/gab  I am getting a "Not Found"

Gekko localhost:3000 

Where do i make mistakes and what should i do?
I'm sorry for my bad english
Thanks.

1. Check that your localhost:3030 actually work.
2. Then check where you have configured your web server to point the data to. If you get a "Not found" it means.... Not found, that your GAB folder isn't where it is supposed to be.

If you're having trouble with these basic things do note that it might be very hard for you to actually run something like GAB that does require some basic knowledge of servers just like Gekko also requires a little bit of knowledge.
(04-20-2018, 07:12 PM)tommiehansen Wrote: You would need to gzip decode it as well since there is not "UTF-8" in this case (it's binary data).

I tried several things (exporting to csv or to json) to decode that but I always get errors immediately. If there is any hint on how to tackle this, it would help me a lot.

Thx

Update: I have found in the gab code where the blobs are unzipped. Where my problem is: There is (for example in view_more.php) an sql statement executed and the result processed. The blobs are unzipped before usage. The same SQL statement does not work and gives me immediately a parsing error when I execute it locally. Any help welcome.
(04-20-2018, 07:14 PM)tommiehansen Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 06:26 PM)22178 Wrote: Hi, 

I'm not very knowledgeable about this. 

system: bash on Ubuntu on windows 10, database: mysql, php 7.1 , php admin, php localhost:3030, mysql:127.0.0.1:3030  Gekko localhost:3000 

I have completed the Pre-Conditions (required).  Rename the gab-master folder to gab. Copy the file to var\www directory. So var\www\gab. PHP connection point localhost:8080. I am using mysql socket 127.0.0.1:3030. How do I change the usinconfig.php settings? 

http://localhost:3030/gab  I am getting a "Not Found"

Gekko localhost:3000 

Where do i make mistakes and what should i do?
I'm sorry for my bad english
Thanks.

1. Check that your localhost:3030 actually work.
2. Then check where you have configured your web server to point the data to. If you get a "Not found" it means.... Not found, that your GAB folder isn't where it is supposed to be.

If you're having trouble with these basic things do note that it might be very hard for you to actually run something like GAB that does require some basic knowledge of servers just like Gekko also requires a little bit of knowledge.

Tank you.
Well. How should I set up my Config file settings according to my information?
I think I can do something with little help.
Confused
(04-21-2018, 08:52 AM)simpsus Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 07:12 PM)tommiehansen Wrote: You would need to gzip decode it as well since there is not "UTF-8" in this case (it's binary data).

I tried several things (exporting to csv or to json) to decode that but I always get errors immediately. If there is any hint on how to tackle this, it would help me a lot.

Thx

Update: I have found in the gab code where the blobs are unzipped. Where my problem is: There is (for example in view_more.php) an sql statement executed and the result processed. The blobs are unzipped before usage. The same SQL statement does not work and gives me immediately a parsing error when I execute it locally. Any help welcome.

SQL is SQL. The query fetching the data is the most simplest of SQL queries ...

Code:
SELECT * FROM results

Problem is probably that you have not set what database to actually use.
Superb job well done, this is really going to help me when I can get it working. My getting started problem with GAB is that I have this setup and /tools/sanitycheck.php looks good, all checks pass OK. But when I try and run a test strategy the results show a number of 417 - Expectation Failed responses. I expect this is probably a gekko problem rather than a GAB problem..any ideas at all? Many thanks
(05-05-2018, 09:04 AM)mountain-cloud Wrote: Superb job well done, this is really going to help me when I can get it working. My getting started problem with GAB is that I have this setup and /tools/sanitycheck.php looks good, all checks pass OK. But when I try and run a test strategy the results show a number of 417 - Expectation Failed responses. I expect this is probably a gekko problem rather than a GAB problem..any ideas at all? Many thanks

hmm, I'm not entirely sure what the cause of this is but I have managed to get it working by adding an empty Expect header in the curl_post2 function in functions.php:

Code:
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array('Expect:'));

..perhaps it's something a bit weird in my php setup
Hi,

I wanted to try the tool today. By running it, I get following error message, which I'm not able to resolve:

Code:
Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: Unknown primative for `'no'` on line 2. in /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php:176
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php(121): Toml\Parser->parseValue(''no'')
#1 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php(78): Toml\Parser->processLine('buyImmediately ...')
#2 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php(24): Toml\Parser->parse()
#3 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.gab.php(178): Toml\Parser::fromString('buyImmediately ...')
#4 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.gab.php(67): GAB\core->parse_toml('buyImmediately ...')
#5 /var/www/html/gab/system/runner.php(42): GAB\core->get_strategies()
#6 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php on line 176

I hope that somebody could give me some hints to resolve the issue. Thx!

If you need any more information just let me know.
(04-09-2018, 12:12 AM)timvang Wrote:
(04-08-2018, 12:41 PM)tommiehansen Wrote:
(04-08-2018, 03:15 AM)timvang Wrote: Hi Tommie,

It's a great tool. Thanks for sharing.

I got it successfully installed. However, after I ran a test, I got an exception error shown in the log:

INFO Exhausted all possible combinations -- stopping automatically.
19:00:50

Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: Unknown primative for `'no'` on line 2. in /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php:176
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php(121): Toml\Parser->parseValue(''no'')
#1 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php(78): Toml\Parser->processLine('buyImmediately ...')
#3 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.gab.php(178): Toml\Parser::fromString('buyImmediately ...')
#4 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.gab.php(67): GAB\core->parse_toml('buyImmediately ...')
#5 /var/www/html/gab/system/runner.php(39): GAB\core->get_strategies()
#6 {main}

I am using php 7.2.4 and running the test from UI. Do you know what could be the root cause? Thanks!

Hi,

The root cause may be because of the mixed input that causes the thing to not really know what type of parsing to do.
Basically there are two modes: multi-dimensional array and plain. There should be a line-per-line check for this, but it may not be a 100%
since i haven't had time to really test all variations of everything yet.

Could you try running something that isn't structured in such a way and see if you get the same errors?

Basically something that does not mix [HEADER] with plain type(s) as per your example.

Another thing you can do is run in DEBUG-mode to see if the params changes the way you have set it up to do.
That will also clearly say if it's the POST-function that fucks up or if there is something else.

Thanks Tommie! When I ran in DEBUG mode, I saw the parameters changed according to the configurations. I did not see the error reported in the debug mode, but did not see the test result after the test stopped running.

I got the same error when I ran your RSI BULL/BEAR ADX strategy. I saw the same error even when I did not setup any dynamic parameters for the test

Another question: Does 'Completed" in the log  below show the number of completed test runs with different configurations?

STATUS Running with 1 threads  COMPLETED 0  DURATION 0h 0m 0s

If I don't set any dynamic parameter for my test, would I expect to see 1 test completed?

Thanks!

Hi timvang,

I have an error the same as you. Do you have fixed it? Please sent me the way if you did it.

Thanks
(05-05-2018, 04:07 PM)FloW Wrote: Hi,

I wanted to try the tool today. By running it, I get following error message, which I'm not able to resolve:

Code:
Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: Unknown primative for `'no'` on line 2. in /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php:176
Stack trace:
#5 /var/www/html/gab/system/runner.php(42): GAB\core->get_strategies()
#6 {main}

I hope that somebody could give me some hints to resolve the issue. Thx!

If you need any more information just let me know.

I have simmilar issue with neuralnet. When I removed strategy (neuralnet) and .toml error disappeared. There are some parameters in collision with GAB...
I also have  trouble. Hope someone can help. 

Error that i getting in GAB:
Code:
12:49:39 Runner.php ERROR: Running config via curl_post() did not return data.
url: http://localhost:3000/api/backtest | curl status: 500

View of this error from Gekko:
Code:
 <-- POST /api/backtest
 <-- POST /api/backtest
 <-- POST /api/backtest
 xxx POST /api/backtest 500 301ms -

Error: non-error thrown: [object Object]
     at Object.onerror (E:\gekkomy\node_modules\koa\lib\context.js:105:40)
     at <anonymous>
     at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)

xxx POST /api/backtest 500 302ms -

Well, I'll add a couple of small comments.
1. Variable $dirRoot should be moved to user.config.php. On the local server, the root is not correctly defined and it is better to specify it manually.
2. Will be better to add the trim() function to the array $ conf ['db']

And tommiehansen, thanks for your work.

Attached Files
.png   1.png (Size: 163.42 KB / Downloads: 26)
.png   2.png (Size: 95.04 KB / Downloads: 19)
.png   3.png (Size: 53.23 KB / Downloads: 20)