[SHARE] GAB - Gekko Automated Backtests
I have the same situation with multiple strategies:

backtesting in gekko works fine.
parameter iteration with gab immediately gives me curl status 500 with

Error: non-error thrown: Child process has died.
at Object.onerror (/var/www/html/gekko/node_modules/koa/lib/context.js:105:40)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:109:7)

in the gekko console.
As this is the case with different strategies and single runs with gekko work fine: Do you have an idea what is happening or what I could to to investigate? Thanks!
(04-10-2018, 05:00 PM)simpsus Wrote: I have the same situation with multiple strategies:

in the gekko console.
As this is the case with different strategies and single runs with gekko work fine: Do you have an idea what is happening or what I could to to investigate? Thanks!

A curl status of 500 mean SERVER ERROR. This means that the parameters you tried to send does not work.
It could be for any number of reasons, try with a simple strategy. If nothing works you most probably have a problem with your setup.
Also try running <your_server>/gab/sanitycheck.php
(04-10-2018, 11:44 AM)Kris191 Wrote: So i'm getting action the cli but after the time stamp i get a "not found". [EXEC: duration etc ] message in the terminal, is this working or is the not found going to be an issue for me??

the user.config file is point to gekko ui localhost and gekko is running as i'm getting the gab/system/post.php message in terminal.

Am i missing something?

I've never seen a 'Not found' in the CLI-version, maybe you're trying to do something where something cannot be found?

Make sure the stuff you're trying to run is valid and that GAB actually has an endpoint to run against. Here's a typhical CLI-config file saved as rbba_50_xmr.sh and ran via $ . run.sh cli/rbba_50_xmr.sh

Code:
# Server (with php) + dir
SERVER="http://localhost:8889"
DIR="/gab/"

# TOML for strategy, just copy-paste the params and add dynamic variables
STRATEGY="RSI_BULL_BEAR_ADX"
TOML="
[SMA]
long = 100:1000,100
short = 10:90,10

[BULL]
rsi = 15:25,5
high = 70:80,5
low = 40:50,5
mod_high = 10:20,5
mod_low = -15:-5,5

[BEAR]
rsi = 15:25,5
high = 45:60,5
low = 30:45,5
mod_high = 10:20,5
mod_low = -20:-10,5

[ADX]
adx = 10:25,5
high = 75:85,5
low = 20:35,5
"

# settings, rest of the settings -- make sure you actually have the dataset
candle_size="3:5,1"
exchange="poloniex"
currency="USDT"
asset="XMR"
history_size="10"

# dates, use Y-m-d format e.g. 2018-12-24
from="2017-11-01"
to="2018-02-01"

It's generally a good idea to save your configs. First thing would be to just create something that actually works if you're uncertain.
I admit defeat in this one the setup is beyond my capabilities, Tommie thanks for helping so far! seems like a good tool keep up the good work.
(04-10-2018, 06:36 PM)tommiehansen Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 05:00 PM)simpsus Wrote: I have the same situation with multiple strategies:

in the gekko console.

A curl status of 500 mean SERVER ERROR. This means that the parameters you tried to send does not work.
It could be for any number of reasons, try with a simple strategy. If nothing works you most probably have a problem with your setup.
Also try running <your_server>/gab/sanitycheck.php

Thank you very much. It was the parameter ranges. I was too big in the range.
Please help. GAB gives me this error:

Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: Unknown primative for `'adadelta'` on line 4. in /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php:176
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php(121): Toml\Parser->parseValue(''adadelta'')
#1 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php(78): Toml\Parser->processLine('method = 'adade...')
#2 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php(24): Toml\Parser->parse()
#3 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.gab.php(178): Toml\Parser::fromString('threshold_buy =...')
#4 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.gab.php(67): GAB\core->parse_toml('threshold_buy =...')
#5 /var/www/html/gab/system/runner.php(39): GAB\core->get_strategies()
#6 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php on line 176

thx
(04-13-2018, 05:13 PM)monty Wrote: Please help. GAB gives me this error:

Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: Unknown primative for `'adadelta'` on line 4. in /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php:176
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php(121): Toml\Parser->parseValue(''adadelta'')
#1 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php(78): Toml\Parser->processLine('method = 'adade...')
#2 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php(24): Toml\Parser->parse()
#3 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.gab.php(178): Toml\Parser::fromString('threshold_buy =...')
#4 /var/www/html/gab/system/class.gab.php(67): GAB\core->parse_toml('threshold_buy =...')
#5 /var/www/html/gab/system/runner.php(39): GAB\core->get_strategies()
#6 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/html/gab/system/class.toml.php on line 176

thx

You have some value in some strategy that messes things up. It basically tries to evaluate integer or float values, if you got "thing = mystuff" it will not understand what you mean since 'mystuff' is not a valid integer or float (a number) and thus returns "unknown primative".

This is a current bug where GAB can fail, it basically has to do with issue #15:
https://github.com/tommiehansen/gab/issues/15

So to solve this try to temporarily remove (or move) any strategy that uses exotic parameters which are not floats or integers (numbers).
I am doing something wrong.... pls help

Strategy is : RSI_BULL_BEAR_ADX
Parameters:
[SMA]
long = 1000
short = 50

[BULL]
rsi = 10
high = 80
low = 60
mod_high = 5
mod_low = -5

[BEAR]
rsi = 15
high = 50
low = 20
mod_high = 15
mod_low  = -5

[ADX]
adx = 3
high = 70
low = 50

Same error on  RSI_BULL_BEAR, DEMA, MACD...

Attached Files
.jpg   Capture1.JPG (Size: 55.42 KB / Downloads: 22)
.jpg   Capture2.JPG (Size: 100.37 KB / Downloads: 17)
Same answer as my previous answer apply.
(04-14-2018, 10:48 AM)tommiehansen Wrote: Same answer as my previous answer apply.

Thx, solved. Cause of problem is SchaffTrendCycle strategy.