Max. amount of exchanges/pairs?
Great, in that case you can use Gekko as is.

> Wouldn't it just ignore that trade?

Yes it would. When this happens gekko will continue to measure profit, however you get really strange results since the statistics are not based on all signals anymore. Just on the ones where it could actually trade since there were funds available.
Awesome, thank you askmike! :=)

Now that we understand each other way better, back to my original question; is there any limitation on how many live pairs (on multiple exchanges) can one Gekko run at the same time, if started from the command line? Or is there any limitation at all??
Gekko doesn't have any limitation, especially if using the commandline. What I would recommend:

- Use different API keys for each one, even if they are run on the same account (to prevent nonce issues).
- Keep API rate limits of the exchange you are running it on in mind. 1 Gekko shouldn't do more than an API call every 10 seconds (depending on what you are doing of course), so if you run 20 at the same time (from the same IP) you might get rate limited.
- If you are able to run them for longer periods of time without stopping them run them with the candleWriter plugin disabled, this way you won't run into any sqlite lock race conditions.

If you run into issues do report back.
(02-06-2018, 02:58 AM)askmike Wrote: - Keep API rate limits of the exchange you are running it on in mind. 1 Gekko shouldn't do more than an API call every 10 seconds (depending on what you are doing of course), so if you run 20 at the same time (from the same IP) you might get rate limited.

Does this problem potentially occur every time when Gekko check's for prices of each pair (was it once in a minute?), or only when a trade signal is given and Gekko tries to open a new trade?
That depends on the exchange - I don't know exact limits for each. Please let us know when you figure out some limits.