BacktestTool - batch backtest, import and strategy parameters optimalization
(05-14-2018, 12:56 AM)crypto49er Wrote:
(05-14-2018, 12:47 AM)whoodat Wrote: Anyone have some guidance here, if I just want to create this for one exchange and one crypto (Ethereum). I just want to punch a bunch of numbers into the Bull/Bear ADX over and over.  Thanks.

Assuming you had already gone through the setup, just go into the backtest-config.pl file and adjust what you need. I covered it in my recent video here: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN74RPPyl2s&t=10s

Crypto:

When I run this I am receiving this error? Any guidance is appreciated.

perl backtest.pl
Can't locate JSON/XS.pm in @INC (you may need to install the JSON::XS module) (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.26.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.26.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.26 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.26 /usr/share/perl/5.26 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base) at backtest.pl line 13.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at backtest.pl line 13.
sudo cpan install JSON::XS
My projects [Strategies] [Datasets]
(05-14-2018, 09:33 AM)xFFFFF Wrote: sudo cpan install JSON::XS

Thank you for your reply sir, I am still having issues with this and will post my error later. I really want to get this software running and greatly thank you for creating it.
I did not know that there are such tutorials about my little tool on Youtube. I'm very pleased. Thanks @crypto49er!

@whoodat try with new version. Im updated github yesterday.

Changelog
v0.7
- "progress bar", ETA, avg backtest duration, TOP tables after each X backtests results
- limits and filters for TOP tables
- the possibility of defining a period for individual pairs ex: binance:USDT:BTC:2018-04-01:2018-04-05
- parameter --period 7 days perform action for last 7 days without typing dates
- default exchange and/or currency in configuration file for shorter pairs typing
- strats config are back to csv file
- stfu mode can be enabled in configuration file
- some layout changes
- bugfixes: #8, #17
- backtest-config.pl updated
- new binaries are done
(05-17-2018, 10:07 AM)xFFFFF Wrote: I did not know that there are such tutorials about my little tool on Youtube. I'm very pleased. Thanks @crypto49er!

@whoodat try with new version. Im updated github yesterday.

Changelog
v0.7
- "progress bar", ETA, avg backtest duration, TOP tables after each X backtests results
- limits and filters for TOP tables
- the possibility of defining a period for individual pairs ex: binance:USDT:BTC:2018-04-01:2018-04-05
- parameter --period 7 days perform action for last 7 days without typing dates
- default exchange and/or currency in configuration file for shorter pairs typing
- strats config are back to csv file
- stfu mode can be enabled in configuration file
- some layout changes
- bugfixes: #8, #17
- backtest-config.pl updated
- new binaries are done

xFFFFF loving the work and the commitment to helping others! One question i hope you can help me with is i'm trying to back test the Bull Bear RSI ADX version. However when i ask the tool to run parameters on all stats it crashes, is this because my rig isnt powerful enough to calculate all of those tests or am i doing something wrong. there is no error just freezes up.
hi
how to install the new version
Is there an easy way
we delete old and install new ?
thank you
Again, I'm terrible at this BUT I'm learning a ton and GREATLY appreciate all who have helped me. I was watching crypto49rs videos and the one on import CLI. My problem is bc my server is headless how am I going to download the data XxF5 has provided. He has that on a google drive is there a simple way for me to move it from my desktop ubuntu to the server ubuntu? Again, none of this is simple to me :-p but I am learning pretty quickly.

Thanks in advance!
@ankasem yes. Replace old files. You can keep backup old backtest-config.pl, maybe will be usuable.

Its some problematic to download files from Google Drive via terminal. Im using gdrive (https://github.com/prasmussen/gdrive), but (Im not sure ) You need to create API key for Your account and service Google Drive: https://console.developers.google.com/

Here is some easiest solutions but I didnt test them: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions...g-terminal

You can find the file or folder ID by right-clicking on the file name and then 'get sharable link'. The example link looks like this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1O-dCj5...8cAvvIzUe7
ID is all for "id =" so ID for this file is: 1O-dCj5-OrOdrCeYqsBy_wm8cAvvIzUe7

In future I will implement downloader for these datasets in BacktestTool.
Little help please
Code:
DBD::CSV::st execute failed:
Execution ERROR: Missing first row due to EIF - CR char inside unquoted, not part of EOL at C:/Strawberry/perl/ve
b/DBI/DBD/SqlEngine.pm line 1480.
called from backtest.pl at 1486.

at C:/Strawberry/perl/vendor/lib/DBI/DBD/SqlEngine.pm line 1271.
[for Statement "SELECT currency, asset, strategy, profit___, profit_market, profit_day___, trades_day, best_win,
loss, avg_HODL_min_, avg_price, overall_trades_day, volume_day FROM tmp\tmp_datavq7ib.csv"] at backtest.pl line 1
N2> line 1.
DBD::CSV::st execute failed:
Execution ERROR: Missing first row due to EIF - CR char inside unquoted, not part of EOL at C:/Strawberry/perl/ve
b/DBI/DBD/SqlEngine.pm line 1480.
called from backtest.pl at 1486.

at C:/Strawberry/perl/vendor/lib/DBI/DBD/SqlEngine.pm line 1271.
[for Statement "SELECT currency, asset, strategy, profit___, profit_market, profit_day___, trades_day, best_win,
loss, avg_HODL_min_, avg_price, overall_trades_day, volume_day FROM tmp\tmp_datavq7ib.csv"] at backtest.pl line 1
N2> line 1.
Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at backtest.pl line 674.
EUR:BTC               RSI_BULL_BEAR_ADX 20|5|75|50      -99.99%        -2515.99        1.29      17.76%    12.34%
1.95%   5:146  1105  00:32
The storable module was unable to store the child's data structure to the temp file "C:\Users\Kris\AppData\Local\
uizEzbbv\Parallel-ForkManager-5124--5820.txt":  can't create C:\Users\Kris\AppData\Local\Temp\NeuizEzbbv\Parallel
nager-5124--5820.txt: No such file or directory at C:/Strawberry/perl/site/lib/Parallel/ForkManager.pm line 84.
EUR:BTC              RSI_BULL_BEAR_ADX 10|10|70|60     -100.00%        -2516.00        3.18      19.74%     9.18%
7.40%   5:146  1105  00:19
The storable module was unable to store the child's data structure to the temp file "C:\Users\Kris\AppData\Local\
uizEzbbv\Parallel-ForkManager-5124--1792.txt":  can't create C:\Users\Kris\AppData\Local\Temp\NeuizEzbbv\Parallel
Running on windows it ran 65 tests out of 1600 due
I was noticed by susitronix with this issue. I will try on my Windows fix it. Temporary You can disable printing analysis and TOP * tables in config file. Brute force work now? I forgot reply on Your message.

I created develop branch on my Github repo. So new feature will be available faster in this branch but can be unstable. Today I added import via CryptoCompare API so bittrex , zaif and others.